|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun whiskers
What does whiskers mean as a name of something?
- the hair growing on the lower part of a man's face
- example: Rat whiskers are gross.
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of whiskers: beard / face fungus
- more generic term: facial hair = hair on the face
- more specific terms:
- fuzz = the first beard of an adolescent boy
- imperial beard / imperial = a small tufted beard worn by Emperor Napoleon III
- beaver = a full beard
- goatee = a small chin beard trimmed to a point
- stubble = short stiff hairs growing on a man's face when he has not shaved for a few days
- vandyke beard / vandyke = a short pointed beard
- soul patch / Attilio = a small patch of facial hair just below the lower lip and above the chin
- part of: adult male body / man's body = the body of an adult man; face / human face = the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear
- part: moustache / mustache = an unshaved growth of hair on the upper lip
Phrases with Whiskers
- Box and Whiskers Plot
- Cat's Whiskers
- Old Man's Whiskers
- Mutton-Chop Whiskers
- Alpine Old Man's Whiskers
Whiskers is an instrumental rock band based in Pleasant Hill, California. The band consists of original members Tyler King, Jennifer Pereda, and "Q," as well as three other members who have been in the band for varying amounts of time.
- genre: Rock music
- albums: "The End", "Katzenklavier", "The Human Piano: Live", "Genetic Highway", "Zero Stories", "Childus Prime", "Whiskers: Stage Three", "Subliminal Messaging", "The Final Sound", "Don't", "Whiskers"
Whiskers was a goat owned by Benjamin Harrison.
- also known as Old Whiskers
Whiskers is a fictional character in the 1993 action adventure comedy film Last Action Hero.
- "Whiskers": Whiskers is the self-titled, third studio album released by Whiskers on September 26, 2009. The album is the last to feature both Chris Broyles and Nicole King.
- "Whiskers" is a musical EP of Whiskers.
- released in
"Whiskers" is an award-nominated film, directed by Jim Kaufman.
Whiskers: Vibrissae, or whiskers, are specialized hairs usually employed for tactile sensation. The term may also refer to the thick hairs found inside human nostrils, but these have no sensorial function and only operate as an airborne particulate barrier. Vibrissae hair grow around the nostrils, above the lips, and on other parts of the face of most mammals, and all primates except man, as well as on the forelegs and feet of some animals. The presence of mystacial vibrissae in distinct lineages with remarkable conservation of operation suggests that they may be an old feature present in a common ancestor of all therian mammals. Indeed, some humans even still develop vestigial vibrissal muscles in the upper lip, consistent with the hypothesis that previous members of the human lineage had mystacial vibrissae.
- also known as Sierainkarvat, Hmatové vousy, Vibrisy, Vibrissa, 感覺毛
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Whiskers
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Alexandria 3 (1995)
by David R. Fideler
For example, all cats are brown, Whiskers is a cat, therefore Whiskers is brown. The statement that all cats are brown is not demonstrated through reason, but is an assumption based upon perception; it is a given. There is, however, another ...
by Chad L. Rodekohr
A second factor that has increased the need for a better understanding of Sn whiskers is the electronics packaging industry, who continues to decrease the input/output connector pitch. The original DIP (dual inline package) had a pitch of 100 ...
by Joseph C. Salamone
a stream of inert carrier gas is used to guide the Si-vapor into a reaction zone in the upper part of the apparatus, where it reacts with N2 or NHV The Si3N4- whiskers precipitate onto graphite buffels from where they may be collected. Whiskers ...
by Edward M. Gilbert, Jr, Patricia H. Gilbert
Heavy head furnishings is a term used to describe good fall over the eyes, good whiskers andbeard.Insome breeds,the longhead fallovertheeyes is commonly brushed to the sidesto enablethe dogtoseebetter. TheLhasa Apso's heavyhead ...
However, with huge, curved tusks, bushy whiskers and a massive wrinkled body, it is impossible to confuse walruses with any other seals. The Phocidae family is distinct from the other two families in the order Pinni- pedia and evolved from a ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
The nead is large, with a longiih snout and a sharp nose, having very long whiskers, very large pouches, and great etai brownifli ears ; the body is short and thick, about 4 inches long, and the tail rather more than one; the fur is very soft ; the ...
by Joseph C. Salamone
WHISKERS OF RIGID-ROD POLYMERS 1639 by solid-state polymerization of the monomers and polymerization in solution. Examples of the former have included (1) oxacyclo-alkanes such as 1,3,5-trioxane, (2) diolefins undergoing ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Whiskers
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Whiskers
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: AlexanderY
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Whiskers
Long whiskers cannot take the place of brains.
more quotes about whiskers...
Scrabble value of W4H4I1S1K5E1R1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 18 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Whiskers to see it in context!