On this page:
- Definition of the noun whiskers
- Phrases with Whiskers
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Whiskers
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Whiskers
- Photos about Whiskers
- Video language resources about Whiskers
- Quotes about Whiskers
- Scrabble value of W4H4I1S1K5E1R1S1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun whiskers
What does whiskers mean as a name of something?
- the hair growing on the lower part of a man's face
- example: Rat whiskers are gross.
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of whiskers: beard / face fungus
- more generic term: facial hair = hair on the face
- more specific terms:
- fuzz = the first beard of an adolescent boy
- imperial beard / imperial = a small tufted beard worn by Emperor Napoleon III
- beaver = a full beard
- goatee = a small chin beard trimmed to a point
- stubble = short stiff hairs growing on a man's face when he has not shaved for a few days
- vandyke beard / vandyke = a short pointed beard
- soul patch / Attilio = a small patch of facial hair just below the lower lip and above the chin
- part of: adult male body / man's body = the body of an adult man; face / human face = the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear
- part: moustache / mustache = an unshaved growth of hair on the upper lip
Whiskers is an instrumental rock band based in Pleasant Hill, California. The band consists of original members Tyler King, Jennifer Pereda, and "Q," as well as three other members who have been in the band for varying amounts of time.
- genre: Rock music
- albums: "The End", "Katzenklavier", "The Human Piano: Live", "Genetic Highway", "Zero Stories", "Childus Prime", "Whiskers: Stage Three", "Subliminal Messaging", "The Final Sound", "Don't", "Whiskers", "The Drawl"
- "Whiskers": Whiskers is the self-titled, third studio album released by Whiskers on September 26, 2009. The album is the last to feature both Chris Broyles and Nicole King.
- "Whiskers" is a musical EP of Whiskers.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Whiskers" is a composition.
"Whiskers" is a 1997 family and comedy film written by Wendy Biller and Christopher Hawthorne and directed by Jim Kaufman.
- director: Jimmy Kaufman
- starring: Brent Carver
- released on (19 years ago)
- read more about Whiskers (film)
Whiskers is a fictional character in the 1993 action adventure comedy film Last Action Hero.
Whiskers was a goat owned by Benjamin Harrison.
- also known as Old Whiskers
Whiskers or vibrissae are a type of mammalian hair that are typically characterised, anatomically, by their large size, large and well-innervated hair follicle and by having an identifiable representation in the somatosensory cortex of the brain.
- also known as Sierainkarvat, Hmatové vousy, Vibrisy, Vibrissa, שפם יונקים, 感覺毛
Phrases with Whiskers
- Box and Whiskers Plot
- Cat's Whiskers
- Old Man's Whiskers
- Mutton-Chop Whiskers
- Alpine Old Man's Whiskers
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Whiskers
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Problem of Truth (2012)
by Edward G. Ballard, Shannon DuBose, James K. Feibleman, Donald S. Lee, Harold N. Lee
Having whiskers is a situation which also can be involved in general cause and effect (empirical) relations like producing a prickling sensation on skin that touches them, having a peculiar smell if burned, etc. This whisker situation can be ...
The Journal of the Western Cosmological Traditions by David R. Fideler
For example, all cats are brown, Whiskers is a cat, therefore Whiskers is brown. The statement that all cats are brown is not demonstrated through reason, but is an assumption based upon perception; it is a given. There is, however, another ...
by Edward M. Gilbert, Jr, Patricia H. Gilbert
Heavy head furnishings is a term used to describe good fall over the eyes, good whiskers andbeard.Insome breeds,the longhead fallovertheeyes is commonly brushed to the sidesto enablethe dogtoseebetter. TheLhasa Apso's heavyhead ...
by Sunggyu Lee
However, there is nothing unique about the properties of Au for VLS growth, and high-quality crystalline semiconductor whiskers have been grown using many different metals as seeds, including Ag. Cu, Ni, Pd, and Pt.'1' The only requirement ...
A Dictionary of Epidemiology (2014)
by Miquel Porta
are the two quartiles nearer the midpoint; values beyond the hinges are represented by lines (the “whiskers”) extending to the extreme value in each direction.
by Maurice Burton, Robert Burton
However, with huge, curved tusks, bushy whiskers and a massive wrinkled body, it is impossible to confuse walruses with any other seals. The Phocidae family is distinct from the other two families in the order Pinni- pedia and evolved from a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Whiskers
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Whiskers
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: trista.huey401
Photo credit: Mattmoo
Photo credit: smkybear
At the British Wildlife Centre, Newchapel, Surrey, Scottish Wildcat 'Kendra' shows off a fine set.
Photo credit: Peter G Trimming
This image was created with FractalWorks, a high performance fractal renderer for Macintosh computers. You can purchase FractalWorks in the Mac App Store
Photo credit: Kent Schimke
Seen at the British Wildlife Centre. 'Lily', the most senior of the otters.
Photo credit: Peter G Trimming
Photo credit: Mary Sherman
Dotty over two years ago...
Photo credit: BMiz
Focal length 50mm, Aperture f/2.0, Shutter Speed 1/200sec, ISO 800
Photo credit: BigTallGuy
Photo credit: miamism
Photo credit: YellowDog
Photo credit: John Morton
Photo credit: Arina K. Zaidi
Photo credit: barockschloss
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: cortneymartin82
Photo credit: Riebart
- Gypsy's Whiskers
Photo credit: beeep
- Top of Whiskers
Top of Whiskers Lane, near Northowram, Halifax.
Photo credit: Tim Green aka atoach
- Lemongrass whiskers
Photo credit: quinn.anya
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Whiskers
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Mutton-Chop Whiskers.
See also the pronunciation examples of Whiskers!
Quotes about Whiskers
Long whiskers cannot take the place of brains.
more quotes about whiskers...
Scrabble value of W4H4I1S1K5E1R1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 18 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Whiskers to see it in context!