On this page:
Definition of the adjective winded
What does winded mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- breathing laboriously or convulsively
- examples: You're wasting your time with all this needless repetition so spare us the long-winded explanation. | I felt winded after running up the stairs. | He winded himself when he fell off the swing. | Tom is winded. | Tom looks winded. | The road winded through the fields.
- synonyms of winded: blown / pursy / short-winded
- similar: breathless / dyspneal / dyspneic / dyspnoeal / dyspnoeic
Alternative definition of the adjective winded
- short of breath
Definition of the verb winded
What does winded mean as a doing word?
- [past of wind] [context: To cause a person to lose their breath]
"Winded" is a musical album of Dextro.
- released on (6 years ago)
Phrases with Winded
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Winded
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
How to Say it and Write it Correctly Now: The Ultimate Reference Book, Containing Practical Grammar, Punctuation, & Spelling Rules, Homonyms, Medical Terms, Layperson's Legal Dictionary, Major Art Terms -- And More! (2005)
by Santo J. Aurelio
weaved weaved wind wound, winded wound,winded wring wrung wrung write wrote written, writ aberration abeyance abscess abundance Andersen (window) anemia annoyance annul accessible.
With an Appendix Embracing a Dictionary of Briticisms, Americanisms, Colloquial Phrases, Etc. ... by Bp. Samuel Fallows
Short-winded, thick- winded, short-breathed. Ant. Lithe, agile, long-winded. Purulent. Syn. Feculent, festering, corrupt. Ant. Secretionalj healthy. Purvey. Syn. Provide, cater, provide food [See Provide]. Pu Mii. Syn. Press, drive, impel, shove, ...
by Elizabeth Jewell
short-winded short of or out of breath, winded, breathless, panting. short•age /sháwrtij/ n. deficiency; lack. See synonym study at LACK. 1⁄2 deficit, shortfall, dearth, scarcity, want, paucity. short•bread ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Winded
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Winded
Scrabble value of W4I1N1D2E1D2
The value of this 6-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WINDED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Winded!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Winded to see it in context!