The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb wipe out:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb wipe out
What does wipe out mean as a doing phrase?
- use up (resources or materials)
- example: They wipe out more bread
- lexical domain: Consumption - verbs of eating and drinking
- synonyms of wipe out: consume / deplete / eat / eat up / exhaust / run through / use up
- more generic words: drop / expend / spend = pay out
- more specific terms:
- kill in large numbers
- eliminate completely and without a trace
- remove from memory or existence
- mark for deletion, rub off, or erase
- wipe out the effect of something
Alternative definition of the verb wipe out
- [idiomatic] To destroy (a large number of people or things); to obliterate.
- To physically erase something written.
- To crash, fall over (especially in board sports such as surfing, skateboarding etc.)
Who is Wipe Out?
Wipe Out a.k.a. Alec Empire is a German musician who is best known as a founding member of the band Atari Teenage Riot. Also a prolific and distinguished solo artist, producer and DJ, he has released well over a hundred albums, EPs and singles and remixed over seventy tracks for various artists including Björk. He was also the driving force behind the creation of the digital hardcore subgenre and the record labels Digital Hardcore Recordings and Eat Your Heart Out.
- also known as LX Empire; E.C.P.; Alexander Wilke; DJ 6666 featuring The Illegals; Nintendo Teenage Robots; DJ Mowgly; P.J.P.; DJ 6666 feat. The Illegals; Richard Benson; E.C.P. feat. The Slaughter of Acid; Nero; Deathfunk; Death Funk; Benson, Richard; Mowgly, DJ; 6666 featuring The Illegals, DJ; Empire, Alec; Alexander Wilke-Steinhof; Jaguar
- born on (43 years ago) in Berlin
- ethnicity: Germans
- nationality: Germany
- religion: Judaism
- profession: Record producer, musician, disc jockey
- member of musical groups:
- genres: Speedcore, Digital hardcore, Techno, Breakcore, Experimental rock, Breakbeat, Punk rock, Industrial hip hop, Electronica, Hardcore, Hardcore punk
- albums: "E.C.P.", "Generate / Drum Typecast", "Cook EP", "We Punk Einheit!", "Death Breathing", "Squeeze the Trigger", "Bass Terror EP", "Death E.P.", "Digital Hardcore EP", "The Destroyer, Part 2", "The Destroyer", "Generation Star Wars Party (DJ Alec Empire 19.12.'95 Bunker)", "The King of the Street", "Terror Worldwide (pt.2)", "Terror Worldwide", "No Savety Pin Sex E.P.", "Hypermodern Jazz 2000.5", "New World Order EP", "Intelligence and Sacrifice", "The Ride", "Futurist", "Kiss of Death", "The CD2 Sessions: Live in London 7‒12‒2002", "Generation Star Wars", "Les Étoiles des Filles Mortes", "Limited Editions 1990–94", "Miss Black America", "The Geist of Alec Empire", "SuEcide, Part 2", "Low on Ice (The Iceland Sessions)", "Addicted to You", "Robot L.O.V.E.", "SuEcide, Part 1", "Tribute to R. Mooog", "DJ Mix Sun Ra", "The Golden Foretaste of Heaven", "Alec Empire vs. Elvis Presley", "Curse of the Golden Vampire", "Cook", "Live at the Suicide Club 1995", "On Fire EP", "Death Favours the Enemy: Live 2002", "Limited Edition", "Shivers", "The Destroyer Mix Tape #3/98", "Bass Terror", "Funk Riot Beat", "Hetzjagd Auf Nazis (remix)", "Diamonds & Pills E.P."
- nominated to Kerrang! Relentless Award - "Addicted to You"
- Kerrang! Relentless Award - "Addicted to You"
- official website: www.alec-empire.com
- "Wipe Out" is an instrumental song written by Bob Berryhill, Pat Connolly, Jim Fuller and Ron Wilson. The tune was first performed and recorded by The Surfaris, who were elevated to international status with the release of the "Surfer Joe" and "Wipe Out" single in 1963.
- "Wipe Out" is a musical album of The Surfaris.
- also known as Wipe Out and Surfer Joe and Other Popular Selections by Other Instrumental Groups
- released in (52 years ago)
- "Wipe Out" is a musical EP of Wipe Out.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Wipe Out" is a musical single of Z'EV.
- released in (33 years ago)
"Wipe Out" is a book published in 2008 that was written by Justin Richards.
- language: English Language
- released on (6 years ago)
Wipe Out is an amusement ride.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Wipe Out
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Penrice
To wipe out the uterus ...
by Martin Manser
Doctors hope that they will be able to wipe out malaria very soon. wipe up 1 (transitive, adverb) remove something ...
Dictionary of Americanisms (1877)
A Glossary of Words and Phrases Usually Regarded as Peculiar to the United States by John Russell Bartlett
To wipe out ...
by Christine Ammer
the floor with; settle a (wipe out an old) score. wipe off the map Also, wipe off ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Wipe Out
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Wipe Out
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Wipe out
Photo credit: DevinCP
- Wipe out
Guy getting hit by the lip
Photo credit: typicalnaloboy
- Wipe Out
Photo credit: geraintandkim
- Wipe Out
Photo credit: Mindy Gerecke
- Wipe out....
Photo credit: jerseygal2009
- Wipe out your digital traces...
Preiser 10059 Hausfrauen beim Putzen
Photo credit: The Preiser Project
- Wipe out!!
Best viewed in original
Photo credit: jack_spellingbacon
- WIPE OUT WEF
Photo credit: Daquella manera
- Post Wipe Out.
Photo credit: Rachel Hoefling
- Tatiana Wipe Out
Photo credit: Rob Lee
- Winter Park Wipe Out
Photo credit: StickerGiant
- Wipe out poverty!
Engineers Without Borders
Photo credit: meaduva
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Wipe Out
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Wipe Out!
Quotes about Wipe Out
A spit would wipe out ten kisses given.
A slap would wipe out ten hugs given.
It should not be so; give due allowance.
God ends whom He tends; do we curse Him?
18.10.2009 (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)