WISP appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Denied a wisp in sea glades, are not felspar traps left on erased algae snips I wade in, Ed?
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun wisp
What does wisp mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: wisps
- a small tuft or lock
- a small person
- a small bundle of straw or hay
- a flock of snipe
Alternative definition of the noun wisp
- A small bundle, as of straw or other like substance; any slender, flexible structure or group.
Phrases with WISP
- Will O' the Wisp
Wisp is the alias of electronic music artist Reid Dunn who hails from Niagara Falls, New York. Wisp began making music on his computer in 1999 and originally released his music for free as mp3s on Netlabels before being signed to Sublight Records. In December 2007 he was signed to Benn Jordan's Alphabasic label. In March 2008 it was announced that he had been signed to Rephlex Records.
- also known as Skønflap, Havaer, Reid W. Dunn
- born in United States of America
- genre: Breakcore
- albums: "Pleeper", "Frozen Days", "A Thousand Tomorrows", "HumpeIndenBEATS", "Selected Ambient Works, Volume 2: Reworked", "About Things That Never Were", "Let Me See Your Shapes", "FungusFLAP", "Lost in a Walk", "In a Blue Face", "NRTHNDR", "Xmas87", "Cultivar", "Honor Beats", "Building Dragons", "The Shimmering Hour", "Katabatic", "We Miss You"
- "Wisp" is a film, directed by Benjamin Stevens and written by Stephen MacLean & Benjamin Stevens.
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- producers: Stephen MacLean & Benjamin Stevens
- executive producers: Gary Hill, Nancy Hill, Hank White
- Shane Anderson as Second Shopper
- Connor Leif Charron as Teenager
- Joel Freckelton as Justin Grant
- Michael Gaty as Eric Kimball
- Bonnie Matthews as First Shopper
- Kimberly Smith as Professor
- Lisa Rose Snow as Amy Williams
- Holly Stevens as Rose Marie White
- Michael Taylor as Dr. James Henderson
- Hank White as Homeless man
- edited by Benjamin Stevens
- genres: Horror, Thriller, Science Fiction
- released in
- official website: www.species99.com
- "Wisp" is a film.
- country: United States of America
- WISP a.k.a. Wireless Internet service provider: Wireless Internet Service Providers are Internet service providers with networks built around wireless networking. Technology may include commonplace Wi-Fi wireless mesh networking, or proprietary equipment designed to operate over open 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 4.9, 5.2, 5.4, 5.7, and 5.8 GHz bands or licensed frequencies in the UHF band.
- WISP is a radio station broadcasting a religious format. Licensed to Doylestown, Pennsylvania, USA.
- official website: www.holyspiritradio.org
- WISP a.k.a. Snx9 is a protein.
- also known as SDP1, Sorting nexin 9, SH3PX1
- WISP is a 2013 Telly Award winning ad created by Panta Rhei Media Inc.
- award: - Telly Award for Non-Broadcast Productions Film/Video - Sales, received by Panta Rhei Media Inc
- Wisp a.k.a. sorting nexin 9 is a gene.
- also known as OTTHUMP00000040083, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (WASP) interactor protein, SH3 and PX domain-containing protein SH3PX1
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for WISP
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
RFID and Sensor Networks (2010)
Architectures, Protocols, Security, and Integrations by Yan Zhang, Laurence T. Yang, Jiming Chen
WISP is a battery-free RFID sensor device and as all the passive RFID tags, is powered via the RF energy transmitted by an RFID reader. WISP is implemented as a printed circuit board (PCB) and its range is approximately 4.5 m. WISP is the ...
Marketing: Real People, Real Choices 7th Edition (2010)
by Michael R. Solomon , Greg W. Marshall , Elnora W. Stuart
The new Colgate Wisp is a new oral care aide made to remove food and particles from between the teeth and release a liquidfilled bead of freshness in the mouth. Based in New York City, the Colgate-Palmolive Company “is an American ...
Notes and Queries (1865)
Wisp is a little twist of straw or kind of straw torch, and the above names had...
RFID Explained (2006)
A Primer on Radio Frequency Identification Technologies by Roy Want
A WISP is an augmented RFID tag designed so that it can reside in the interrogation field of a reader and accumulate more energy than is needed to perform a simple ID function. The additional energy can be used to power a microcontroller ...
Good news for young and old (1869)
Ah, the Will o' the wisp is a sad deceiver ; people have often been misled by it, and as it is most common, in wild, boggy regions it has sometimes cost them no little trouble and even danger. Lost in a wide and trackless waste, the traveller sees ...
The Anglo-American Encyclopedia and Dictionary: Dictionary department (A-Z) (1904)
wisp, *wips, •wispe, *wesp, *wysp, s. [As in other cases where sv and ps are interchanged, the spelling with ps is the older ; cf. hasp, clasp, wasp, Ac. The A. S. form would be trips, but it does not occur; and the final * is ...
The Gentlemlen's Lexicon; Or, A Pocket Dictionary, Containing Nearly Every Work in the English Language (1835)
Being Also Particularly Adapted to the Use of Academies and Schools by William Grimshaw
WISP. * A small bundle of hav or! straw, v. wisp; pr. par. wisping;] past, wished. 1 WISTFUL, adj. Attentive, ( adv. wistfully. WIT ...
Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology (1991)
Volume 25 - Supplement 10: Applications of Artificial Intelligence to Agriculture and Natural Resource Management to Transaction Machine Architectures by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
WISP was a line-oriented mixture of ideas from LISP and FORTRAN. Surprisingly , WISP was used for applications . The following is a membership function in WISP: 1 A = CAR M, POP UP M ; take 1st argument L = CAR M, POP UP M ; take ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1902)
latest edition. A dictionary of arts, sciences and general literature by Day Otis Kellogg, William Robertson Smith
As the machine moved through the field, a wisp, of the cut grain-straw was taken and a band made. The idle hand of the operator hastened the tardily moving butts of the straws and packed them into the form of a gavel. Thrusting the band ...
New American Supplement to the latest edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica (1897)
As the machine moved through the field, a wisp, of the cut grain-straw was taken and a band made. The idle hand of the operator hastened the tardily moving butts of the straws and packed them into the form of a gavel.
The world-wide encyclopedia and gazetteer (1908)
by William Harrison De Puy
As the machine moved through the field, a wisp, of the cut grain -straw was taken and a band made. The idle hand of the operator hastened the tardily moving butts of the straws and packed them into the form of a gavel. Thrusting the band ...
The New Werner Twentieth Century Edition of the Encyclopaedia Britannica (1906)
A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature, Science, History, Geography, Commerce, Biography, Discovery and Invention... with New American Supplement, Complete in Thirty Volumes
As the machine moved through the field, a wisp, ...
Encyclopedia of Fairies in World Folklore and Mythology (2013)
by Theresa Bane
Wisp. Variations: Bob-a-Longs, CANDELAS, Canwyllgorff, Corpse Candles, Dick 0' Tuesday, Eclaireux, Ellylldan, Faery...
The Ladies' Lexicon and Parlour Companion (1870)
Containing Nearly Every Word in the English Language and Exhibiting the Plurals of Nouns and the Participles of Verbs ... Adapted to the Use of ... Schools by William Grimshaw
WISP. s. A small bundle of hav or straw. v. wisp ; pr. par. wispmg past, vnsped. WISTFUL. ad/. Attentive, earnest adv. wistfully.
The Complete Outdoors Encyclopedia
A wisp of hackle, body, stiff tail. Hainving.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for WISP
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about WISP
Click on an item to view that photo:
The storm clouds had just cleared after a Sunday afternoon down pour,
leaving the thin and wispy stratus clouds to be whipped about by the jetstreams.
Photo credit: besar bears
The fresh tropical breeze gently lifts the terrace door curtain that is accentuated by the interior room lighting. Hue, Vietnam, SE Asia
Photo credit: emilio labrador
Wisp dancing on the floor.
Photo credit: XNAHandkor
Photo credit: lorenkerns
Credit: The Woman The Man by John Liston Byam Shaw (1911)
Photo credit: gideon_wright
- Hanna (Will o' Wisp)
Hanna (Will o' Wisp)
Photo credit: Baltasar89
- Wisp Run
Wisp running away
Photo credit: XNAHandkor
- Snow tube course at Wisp
Photo credit: Teecycle Tim
- WIP: Wisp
...the first few rows of Wisp, a scarf, in Brooks Farm Fiber kid mohair & fine wool in Redwood (8 oz/500 yd).
Photo credit: goblinbox_(queen_of_ad_hoc_bento)
- Wisp grass
Photo credit: vapour trail
If you need images about WISP for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a low price:
Quotes about WISP
There may be a great fire in our soul, yet no one ever comes to warm himself at it, and the passers-by see only a wisp of smoke. (Vincent Van Gogh)
more quotes about wisp...
Scrabble value of W4I1S1P3
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WISP
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of WISP!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of WISP to see it in context!