WISP appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Denied a wisp in sea glades, are not felspar traps left on erased algae snips I wade in, Ed?
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun wisp
What does wisp mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: wisps
- a small tuft or lock
- a small person
- a small bundle of straw or hay
- a flock of snipe
Alternative definition of the noun wisp
- A small bundle, as of straw or other like substance; any slender, flexible structure or group.
Wisp is the alias of electronic music artist Reid Dunn who hails from Niagara Falls, New York. Wisp began making music on his computer in 1999 and originally released his music for free as mp3s on Netlabels before being signed to Sublight Records. In December 2007 he was signed to Benn Jordan's Alphabasic label. In March 2008 it was announced that he had been signed to Rephlex Records.
- also known as Skønflap, Havaer, Reid W. Dunn
- born in United States of America
- genres: Electronic music, Breakcore
- albums: "Pleeper", "Frozen Days", "A Thousand Tomorrows", "HumpeIndenBEATS", "Selected Ambient Works, Volume 2: Reworked", "About Things That Never Were", "Let Me See Your Shapes", "FungusFLAP", "Lost in a Walk", "In a Blue Face", "NRTHNDR", "Xmas87", "Cultivar", "Building Dragons", "Honor Beats", "The Shimmering Hour", "Katabatic", "We Miss You"
- "Wisp" is a 2013 horror thriller sci-fi film written by Benjamin Stevens and Stephen MacLean and directed by Benjamin Stevens.
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- producers: Stephen MacLean & Benjamin Stevens
- executive producers: Gary Hill, Nancy Hill, Hank White
- written by Stephen MacLean & Benjamin Stevens
- Shane Anderson as Second Shopper
- Connor Leif Charron as Teenager
- Joel Freckelton as Justin Grant
- Michael Gaty as Eric Kimball
- Bonnie Matthews as First Shopper
- Kimberly Smith as Professor
- Lisa Rose Snow as Amy Williams
- Holly Stevens as Rose Marie White
- Michael Taylor as Dr. James Henderson
- Hank White as Homeless man
- edited by Benjamin Stevens
- genres: Horror, Thriller, Science Fiction
- released in
- official website: www.species99.com
- "Wisp" is a short sci-fi film written and directed by Shaughn Cameron.
- released on
- "Wisp" is a film.
- country: United States of America
- WISP a.k.a. Wireless Internet service provider: A wireless Internet service provider is an Internet service provider with a network based on wireless networking. Technology may include commonplace Wi-Fi wireless mesh networking, or proprietary equipment designed to operate over open 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 4.9, 5.2, 5.4, 5.7, and 5.
- WISP is a radio station broadcasting a religious format. Licensed to Doylestown, Pennsylvania, USA.
- official website: www.holyspiritradio.org
- WISP a.k.a. Snx9 is a protein.
- also known as Sorting nexin 9, SDP1, SH3PX1
- WISP is a 2013 Telly Award winning ad created by Panta Rhei Media Inc.
- award: - Telly Award for Non-Broadcast Productions Film/Video - Sales, received by Panta Rhei Media Inc
- Wisp a.k.a. sorting nexin 9 is a gene.
- also known as OTTHUMP00000040083, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (WASP) interactor protein, SH3 and PX domain-containing protein SH3PX1
Phrases with WISP
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for WISP
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
RFID and Sensor Networks (2009)
Architectures, Protocols, Security, and Integrations by Yan Zhang, Laurence T. Yang, Jiming Chen
WISP is a battery-free RFID sensor device and as all the passive RFID tags, is powered via the RF energy transmitted by an RFID reader. WISP is implemented as a printed circuit board (PCB) and its range is approximately 4.5 m. WISP is the ...
by Michael R. Solomon, Greg W. Marshall, Elnora W. Stuart
The new Colgate Wisp is a new oral care aide made to remove food and particles from between the teeth and release a liquidfilled bead of freshness in the mouth. Based in New York City, the Colgate-Palmolive Company “is an American ...
Green RFID Systems (2014)
by Luca Roselli
The WISP is a tiny computing board consisting primarily of an on-board Texas Instrument microprocessor and a rectifier to harvest the energy needed to carry out sensing and/or computational tasks. It can be powered and read by off-the- shelf ...
Notes and Queries (1865)
Wisp is a little twist of straw or kind of straw torch, and the above names had...
RFID Explained (2006)
A Primer on Radio Frequency Identification Technologies by Roy Want
A WISP is an augmented RFID tag designed so that it can reside in the interrogation field of a reader and accumulate more energy than is needed to perform a simple ID function. The additional energy can be used to power a microcontroller ...
Volume 25 - Supplement 10: Applications of Artificial Intelligence to Agriculture and Natural Resource Management to Transaction Machine Architectures by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
WISP was a line-oriented mixture of ideas from LISP and FORTRAN. Surprisingly , WISP was used for applications . The following is a membership function in WISP: 1 A = CAR M, POP UP M ; take 1st argument L = CAR M, POP UP M ; take ...
The Gentlemlen's Lexicon; Or, A Pocket Dictionary, Containing Nearly Every Work in the English Language (1835)
Being Also Particularly Adapted to the Use of Academies and Schools by William Grimshaw
WISP. * A small bundle of hav or! straw, v. wisp; pr. par. wisping;] past, wished. 1 WISTFUL, adj. Attentive, ( adv. wistfully. WIT ...
a new and original work presenting for convenient reference the orthography, pronunciation, meaning, use, origin and development of every word in the English language together with condensed explanations of fifty thousand important subjects and an exhaustive encyclopaedia of all the arts and sciences profusely illustrated by Robert Hunter, Charles Morris
wisp, 'wipe, * wlape, * weep, • wysp, *. [As in other cases where sp and ps are interchanged, the spelling with p* is the older ; cf. hasp, clasp* wasp, &c. The A.S. form would be trips, but it does not occur ; and the final 9 Is formative, teips ...
The Encyclopaedic Dictionary (1888)
A New & Original Work of Reference to All the Words in the English Language, with a Full Account of Their Origin, Meaning, Pronunciation, & Use
wisp, * wips, * wispe, * wesp, * wysp, s. [As in other cases where sp and ps are interchanged, the sailing with ps is tlie older ; ef. hasp , clasp, vxtsp, &c. The A. 8. form would be wips, but it does not occur ; and the final ...
by Joseph Wright
visk, a wisp of hay or the like (Vigfusson).] SK, WISKAR, see Whisk, sb.\ Whisker. WISKET, sb. Nhb. Wm. Yks. Lan. Chs. Der. Stf. Lei. Nhp. War. Wor. Shr. Hrf. Brks. e. An. Also written whisket N.Cy.la Nhb.1 e.Yks.1 w. Yks 23 Lan.1 ne. Lan.1 ...
The Encyclopædic Dictionary (1888)
A New and Original Work of Reference to All the Words in the English Language, with a Full Account of Their Origin, Meaning, Pronunciation, and Use by Robert Hunter
wiep ~ a wisp . . . Sw . dial, vipp — an ear of rye, also a little sheaf or bundle. (Sfceof.)] 1. A bundle of ...
by Robert Hunter
wicp = a wisp . . . Sw. dial, vipp — an ear of rye, also a little sheaf or bundle.
The English Dialect Dictionary, Being the Complete Vocabulary of All Dialect Words Still in Use, Or Known to Have Been in Use During the Last Two Hundred Years: T-Z. Supplement. Bibliography. Grammar (1905)
by Joseph Wright
visk, a wisp of hay or the like (VXGFUSSON).] WISK, WISKAR, see Whisk, sb.', Whisker. WISKET, sb. Nhb. Wm. Yks. Lan. Chs. Der. Stf. Lei. Nhp. War . Wor. Shr. Hrf. Brks. e.An. Also written whisket N.Cy.“' Nhb.1 e.Yks.l w.Yks.28 Lan .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for WISP
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about WISP
Click on an item to view that photo:
The storm clouds had just cleared after a Sunday afternoon down pour,
leaving the thin and wispy stratus clouds to be whipped about by the jetstreams.
Photo credit: besar bears
The fresh tropical breeze gently lifts the terrace door curtain that is accentuated by the interior room lighting. Hue, Vietnam, SE Asia
Photo credit: emilio labrador
Wisp dancing on the floor.
Photo credit: XNAHandkor
Photo credit: lorenkerns
Credit: The Woman The Man by John Liston Byam Shaw (1911)
Photo credit: gideon_wright
- Wisp Run
Wisp running away
Photo credit: XNAHandkor
- Snow tube course at Wisp
Photo credit: Teecycle Tim
- WIP: Wisp
...the first few rows of Wisp, a scarf, in Brooks Farm Fiber kid mohair & fine wool in Redwood (8 oz/500 yd).
Photo credit: goblinbox_(queen_of_ad_hoc_bento)
- Wisp grass
Photo credit: vapour trail
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about WISP
Scrabble value of W4I1S1P3
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WISP
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of WISP!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of WISP to see it in context!