Wisp appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Denied a wisp in sea glades, are not felspar traps left on erased algae snips I wade in, Ed?
On this page:
- Definition of the noun wisp
- Phrases with Wisp
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Wisp
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Wisp
- Photos about Wisp
- Video language resources about Wisp
- Quotes about Wisp
- Scrabble value of W4I1S1P3
- Anagrams of WISP
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun wisp
What does wisp mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: wisps
- a small tuft or lock
- a small person
- a small bundle of straw or hay
- a flock of snipe
Alternative definition of the noun wisp
- A small bundle, as of straw or other like substance; any slender, flexible structure or group.
Who is Wisp?
Wisp is the alias of electronic music artist Reid Dunn who hails from Niagara Falls, New York. Wisp began making music on his computer in 1999 and originally released his music for free as mp3s on Netlabels before being signed to Sublight Records. In December 2007 he was signed to Benn Jordan's Alphabasic label. In March 2008 it was announced that he had been signed to Rephlex Records.
- also known as Skønflap, Havaer, Reid W. Dunn
- born in United States of America
- genres: Electronic music, Breakcore
- albums: "Pleeper", "Frozen Days", "A Thousand Tomorrows", "HumpeIndenBEATS", "Selected Ambient Works, Volume 2: Reworked", "About Things That Never Were", "Let Me See Your Shapes", "FungusFLAP", "Lost in a Walk", "In a Blue Face", "NRTHNDR", "Xmas87", "Cultivar", "Building Dragons", "Honor Beats", "The Shimmering Hour", "Katabatic", "We Miss You"
- "Wisp" is a 2013 horror thriller sci-fi film written by Benjamin Stevens and Stephen MacLean and directed by Benjamin Stevens.
- country: Canada
- language: English Language
- producers: Stephen MacLean & Benjamin Stevens
- executive producers: Gary Hill, Nancy Hill, Hank White
- written by Stephen MacLean & Benjamin Stevens
- Shane Anderson as Second Shopper
- Connor Leif Charron as Teenager
- Joel Freckelton as Justin Grant
- Michael Gaty as Eric Kimball
- Bonnie Matthews as First Shopper
- Kimberly Smith as Professor
- Lisa Rose Snow as Amy Williams
- Holly Stevens as Rose Marie White
- Michael Taylor as Dr. James Henderson
- Hank White as Homeless man
- edited by Benjamin Stevens
- genres: Horror, Thriller, Science Fiction
- released in
- official website: www.species99.com
- "Wisp" is a short sci-fi film written and directed by Shaughn Cameron.
- released on
- "Wisp" is a film.
- country: United States of America
- WISP a.k.a. Wireless Internet service provider: A wireless Internet service provider is an Internet service provider with a network based on wireless networking. Technology may include commonplace Wi-Fi wireless mesh networking, or proprietary equipment designed to operate over open 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 4.9, 5.2, 5.4, 5.7, and 5.
- read more about Wireless Internet service provider
- WISP is a radio station broadcasting a religious format. Licensed to Doylestown, Pennsylvania, USA.
- official website: www.holyspiritradio.org
- WISP a.k.a. Snx9 is a protein.
- read more about Snx9
- WISP is a 2013 Telly Award winning ad created by Panta Rhei Media Inc.
- award: - Telly Award for Non-Broadcast Productions Film/Video - Sales, received by Panta Rhei Media Inc
- Wisp is a television drama series.
- Wisp a.k.a. sorting nexin 9 is a gene.
- also known as OTTHUMP00000040083, SH3 and PX domain-containing protein SH3PX1, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (WASP) interactor protein
Phrases with Wisp
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Wisp
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Proceedings in Computational Statistics by Wolfgang Härdle, Bernd Rönz
WiSP is an R library of functions designed as a teaching tool to illustrate methods used to estimate the abundance of closed wildlife populations. It enables users to generate animal populations having realistically complex spatial and ...
Ensuring Quality and Safety through Supply Chain Visibility by Selwyn Piramuthu, Weibiao Zhou
WISP is a battery-free RFID sensor device and, as with all passive RFID tags, is powered via the RF energy transmitted by an RFID reader. WISP is implemented as a printed circuit board (PCB) and its range is approximately 4.5 m. WISP is the ...
by Gary Shelly, Misty Vermaat
A WISP is a number that uniquely identifies each computer or device connected to the Internet. 3. An IP address, such as www.google.com, is the text version of a domain name. 4. A satellite modem allows access to high-speed Internet ...
With Examples in R, SAS and ADMB by Russell B. Millar
The R package wisp is a comprehensive wildlife simulation package and contains functions for estimation of abundance from a wide variety of experimental designs, including mark–recapture, removal (e.g. Exercise 6.6) and distance-based ...
Navigating the Shadow World (2013)
The Unofficial Guide to Cassandra Clare's the Mortal Instruments by Liv Spencer
the—wisp is a phenomenon that appears in folklore around the cookie was invented and produced.
Handbook of Information Security, Threats, Vulnerabilities, Prevention, Detection, and Management (2006)
by Hossein Bidgoli
Because the WISP is an untrusted network, establishing a remote connection requires additional security mechanisms to ensure a secure connection. Another means for synchronizing data is through a wireless Ethernet connection. Users can ...
by Michael Stansfield
The willow wisp is a plant, to the world a weed to be pulled, yet according to childhood myth if you make a wish and blow your wish may come true. As you blow the individual wisps spread across the sky in hopes that some of your wisps, ...
by Eddie Martin
SSL; Telecommunication; Telecoms; The Net; WAP; Wap Internet Service Provider; Warchalking; Wi-Fi; Wireless Fidelity; Wireless Internet Service Provider ; Wireless Local Area Network; WISP; WLAN; Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) .
by Edward Boden
Wisping A wisp is a small mat ofplaited straw or hay, which is used to remove fine dust from the coat, scour and polish the surface hair, and to promote a better skin and superficial circulation. When properly applied it acts as massage to the ...
by Joseph Wright
visk, a wisp of hay or the like (Vigfusson).] SK, WISKAR, see Whisk, sb.\ Whisker. WISKET, sb. Nhb. Wm. Yks. Lan. Chs. Der. Stf. Lei. Nhp. War. Wor. Shr. Hrf. Brks. e. An. Also written whisket N.Cy.la Nhb.1 e.Yks.1 w. Yks 23 Lan.1 ne. Lan.1 ...
by Joseph Wright
aisle, a wisp ofhay or the like (ViGI-"USSON).] WISK, WISKAR, see Whisk, 5b), Whisker. WISKET, sb. th. \Vm. Yks. Lan. Chs. Der. Stf. Lei. th.VVar.\ Vor. Shr. Hrf. Brks. e.An. Also written whisket N.(.'y.12 th.1 e.Yks.l w.Yks.“ Lan.l ue .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Wisp
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Wisp
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: bradhoc
Photo credit: feltip1982
Photo credit: jeffbr13
Photo credit: grongar
Photo credit: bradhoc
Photo credit: carrotmadman6
Photo credit: rebelxtned
Photo credit: jez.atkinson
Photo credit: heyu1021
Photo credit: KingTyrone
Photo credit: tajkd
Photo credit: malreuxjones
Wisp dancing on the floor.
Photo credit: XNAHandkor
The storm clouds had just cleared after a Sunday afternoon down pour,
leaving the thin and wispy stratus clouds to be whipped about by the jetstreams.
Photo credit: besar bears
The fresh tropical breeze gently lifts the terrace door curtain that is accentuated by the interior room lighting. Hue, Vietnam, SE Asia
Photo credit: emilio labrador
Credit: The Woman The Man by John Liston Byam Shaw (1911)
Photo credit: gideon_wright
- Wisp Run
Wisp running away
Photo credit: XNAHandkor
- WIP: Wisp
...the first few rows of Wisp, a scarf, in Brooks Farm Fiber kid mohair & fine wool in Redwood (8 oz/500 yd).
Photo credit: goblinbox_(queen_of_ad_hoc_bento)
- Wisp grass
Photo credit: vapour trail
- Snow tube course at Wisp
Photo credit: Teecycle Tim
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Wisp
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about The Wisp.
Quotes about Wisp
One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul and yet no one ever come to sit by it. Passersby see only a wisp of smoke from the chimney and continue on the way. (Vincent Van Gogh)
more quotes about wisp...
Scrabble value of W4I1S1P3
The value of this 4-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WISP
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Wisp!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Wisp to see it in context!