Wolfsheim is an Ortsgemeinde – a municipality belonging to a Verbandsgemeinde, a kind of collective municipality – in the Mainz-Bingen district in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
- also known as Wolfsheim, Germany
- part of Germany, Rhineland-Palatinate
- read more about Wolfsheim (city/town/village)
Wolfsheim was a synthpop band from Hamburg, Germany that consisted of Markus Reinhardt and Peter Heppner. Although never officially disbanded, Wolfsheim has been inactive since 2005 due to a dispute between the two members, which even led to trials in 2007 and 2008 that forbade either member to continue Wolfsheim without the other. The band's musical style takes cues from the 1980s New Romanticism and New Wave, usually considered wave pop or darkwave. They are best known for their singles "The Sparrows and the Nightingales", "Once in a Lifetime" and "Kein Zurück". Their lyrics tend to be melancholic, but at the same time modernist.
- genres: Synthpop, Dark wave
- albums: "The Sparrows and the Nightingales", "No Happy View", "Thunderheart", "Popkiller", "Now I Fall", "Elias", "55578", "Closer Still", "Dreaming Apes", "A New Starsystem Has Been Explored", "Hamburg Rom Wolfsheim", "Spectators", "Künstliche Welten", "Kein Zurück", "Casting Shadows", "Blind", "Find You're Here", "It's Hurting for the First Time", "It's Not Too Late", "Kaufraush", "Kompendium", "Once in a Lifetime", "Sleep Somehow"
- nominated to Echo Award for Best National Rock/Pop Group - "Casting Shadows"
- nominated to Echo Award for Best National Rock/Alternative Group - "Casting Shadows"
- Echo Award for Best National Rock/Alternative Group - "Casting Shadows"
- official website: www.metropolis-records.com/artist/wolfsheim
"Wolfsheim" is a 2000 TV film directed by Nicole Weegmann.
- country: Germany
- language: German Language
- production design by Peter Menne
- art direction by Peter Menne
- released in (14 years ago)
Printed books with definitions for Wolfsheim
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
King of the Jews (2006)
The Greatest Mob Story Never Told by Nick Tosches
Meyer Wolfsheim is a poorly drawn caricature in whose mouth Fitzgerald puts words such as “business gonnegtion.” Although Fitzgerald's fictional narrator, Nick Carraway, is supposed to be a bond salesman, Fitzgerald's knowledge of the ...
The Great Gatsby (2011)
Study Guide and Student Workbook (Enhanced Ebook) by Jill Bloomfield
Wolfsheim is a business associate of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Wolfsheim
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Wolfsheim
Photo credit: bebal
Scrabble value of W4O1L1F4S1H4E1I1M3
The value of this 9-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Wolfsheim for some fun with words!