On this page:
Definition of the noun womanizer
What does womanizer mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: womanizers
- a man who likes many women and has short sexual relationships with them
- example: Tom is a womanizer.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- alternative spelling: womaniser
- synonym of womanizer: philanderer
- more generic terms: debauchee / libertine / rounder = a dissolute person; adult male / man = an adult person who is male
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun womanizer
- [American spelling] A habitual seducer of women.
- synonym: bounder
- "Womanizer" is a song recorded by American singer Britney Spears for her sixth studio album, Circus. It was released on September 26, 2008 by Jive Records as the lead single of the album. Produced and co-written by Nikesha Briscoe and Rafael Akinyemi of The Outsyders, the song was re-recorded after a snippet was leaked onto the internet. "Womanizer" is an up-tempo electropop song with characteristic sirens and a repetitive hook. Described by Spears as a girl anthem, the song's lyrics recall a womanizing man, while the protagonist of the song makes clear she knows who he really is. "Womanizer" was well received by contemporary critics, with reviewers praising its hook, melody and empowering lyrics. Critics also observed it was a stand-out track from its album and also deemed it as a comeback single for Spears.
- "Womanizer" is the 2008 single by Britney Spears.
- released on (6 years ago)
- Womanizer: The music video of the "Womanizer" song by Britney Spears.
- Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording (Track from: Circus) nomination for Britney Spears, K. Briscoe, Serban Ghenea
- MTV Video Music Award for Video of the Year nomination for Britney Spears
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Pop Video nomination for Britney Spears
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Pop Video, received by Britney Spears
- "WomaniZer" is a musical album of Absolute Steel.
- released in (11 years ago)
Womanizer a.k.a. P.S. Man: After the famous author Xia He Jie crashed the movie premiere that supermodel Amanda attended, he was sentenced to 158 hours of community service at a kindergarten. And thus, it began the most hellish 158 hours of his life. There he met Ma Xiao Qian, a teacher who not only didn't fall for his charming personality like the rest of the female population, she made him suffer for every minute of his community service. What he didn't know was that Xiao Qian was a former neighbor who he had bullied relentlessly as a child. Now, she is bent on revenging for the miserable childhood that she endured under his tyrannical reign.
- read more about P.S. Man
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Womanizer
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by James L. Neibaur
While this theme of the unlikely looking Harry as a suc- cessful womanizer is the sort of comic incongruity Sennett enjoyed using, Langdon's own interest ...
by Reverend E.R. Vernor
The advantage for the would-be Satanic womanizer is that Warlocks are already perceived by the outside world, unlike any other man. When introduced as a Satanic Warlock at social gatherings or informal settings, ears perk up and panties ...
by Michel Serres, Genevieve James, James Nielson
The whore with the ghoulish makeup is woman, a possible woman, the dim and whitish womanizer is a possible man, the statesman, with wan face and bland tone, is a promise of anything; the weathervane takes a direction from the changes ...
by Sidney L. Landau
Slang libertine, philanderer, profligate, rake, roue, womanizer, lady-killer, ladies ' man, Don Juan, Casanova, masher (Slang). wolf down gulp, bolt, devour, raven, cram, gobble, gorge, gluttonize, swallow whole, attack. ant. pick up, nibble, ...
by Martin Manser
womanizer n man who has lots of casual sexual affairs with ...
Bibliophile's Dictionary (2005)
by Miles Westley
a man who seduces women; an amoral womanizer (from a character in "The Fair Penitent" by Nicholas Rowe [1674-1718]). moll (MAHL) - n. (slang) a female companion of a gangster.
by Leslie Dunkling
Womanizer A disparaging term used of or to a man who spends a lot of time with women, usually for sexual reasons. You bladdy (= bloody) womanizer' is addressed by one man to another in The River of Diamonds, by Geoffrey Jenkins.
by Jonathon Green
in fleece-hunter, fleece -monger, a womanizer. 3 [late 19C+] the pubic hair of either sex. [Williams offers examples of synon. plays on golden fleece; (2) f . (3)] fleece n.2 [2000s] (US ...
by Martin H Manser
notorious wellknown for a bad reason: a notorious womanizer. renowned (formal) wellknown and admired for a certain skill or characteristic: a renowned storyteller. wellknown known to ...
From the End of World War I to the Great Crash by James Ciment
The novel's central character is detective Sam Spade, a drinker, cynic, and womanizer who is neither entirely good nor entirely bad. The novel opens as Spade's firm is hired to provide protection for an attractive but duplicitous woman named ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Womanizer
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Womanizer
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Womanizer
Video shows what womanizer means. A habitual/serial seducer of women.. womanizer synonyms: bounder, cad, Casanova, Lothario, philanderer, wencher.
See also the pronunciation examples of Womanizer!
Quotes about Womanizer
His mother hadn’t loved him
As much as she loved his brother.
His wife hadn’t loved him
As much as she loved her son.
He turned a womanizer.
09.03.2006 (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)
more quotes about womanizer...
Scrabble value of W4O1M3A1N1I1Z10E1R1
The value of this 9-letter word is 23 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Womanizer to see it in context!