Wood appears in the following tongue twisters:
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood? A woodchuck would chuck how much a woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood.
- How much myrtle would a wood turtle hurdle if a wood turtle could hurdle myrtle?
A wood turtle would hurdle as much myrtle as a wood turtle could hurdle if a wood turtle could hurdle myrtle.
- Esau Wood saw a wood saw, saw wood, as no wood saw would saw wood. If Esau Wood saw a wood saw, saw wood, as no wood saw would saw wood, where is the wood saw witch would saw wood, as no wood saw would saw wood.
Wood appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Do owl-like noon telegrams, Marge, let no-one kill wood?
- Hey babe, butt set on sawn wood in a mown West; ah, that sewn woman I do own was no test-tube baby, eh!
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun wood:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun wood
- Definition of the adjective wood
- Phrases with Wood
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Wood
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Wood
- Photos about Wood
- Videos about Wood
- Quotes about Wood
- Scrabble value of W4O1O1D2
- Share this page
The word wood is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun wood
What does wood mean as a name of something?
Wood is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: woods
- the hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- more generic terms: plant material / plant substance = material derived from plants
- more specific terms:
- bentwood = wood that is steamed until it becomes pliable and then is shaped for use in making furniture
- pine = straight-grained durable and often resinous white to yellowish timber of any of numerous trees of the genus Pinus
- larch = wood of a larch tree
- fir = nonresinous wood of a fir tree
- cedarwood / cedar = durable aromatic wood of any of numerous cedar trees
- spruce = light soft moderately strong wood of spruce trees
- hemlock = soft coarse splintery wood of a hemlock tree especially the western hemlock
- cypress = wood of any of various cypress trees especially of the genus Cupressus
- redwood = the soft reddish wood of either of two species of sequoia trees
- citronwood / sandarac = durable fragrant wood
- kauri = white close-grained wood of a tree of the genus Agathis especially Agathis australis
- yellowwood = the yellow wood of any of various yellowwood trees
- yew = wood of a yew
- lancewood = durable straight-grained wood of the lacewood tree
- true tulipwood / yellow poplar / white poplar / tulipwood / whitewood = light easily worked wood of a tulip tree
- zebrawood = handsomely striped or mottled wood of the zebrawood tree
- granadilla wood / cocoswood / cocuswood = wood of the granadilla tree used for making musical instruments especially clarinets
- shittimwood = wood of the shittah tree used to make the ark of the Hebrew Tabernacle
- sabicu wood / sabicu = the wood of the sabicu which resembles mahogany
- bamboo = the hard woody stems of bamboo plants
- tulipwood = the variegated or showily striped ornamental wood of various tulipwood trees
- balsa wood / balsa = strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats
- silver quandong = pale easily worked timber from the quandong tree
- obeche = the wood of an African obeche tree
- basswood / linden = soft light-colored wood of any of various linden trees
- beefwood = any of several heavy hard reddish chiefly tropical woods of the families Casuarinaceae and Proteaceae
- brier-wood / briarwood / brierwood = wood from the hard woody root of the briar Erica arborea
- beechwood / beech = wood of any of various beech trees
- chestnut = wood of any of various chestnut trees of the genus Castanea
- oak = the hard durable wood of any oak
- birch = hard close-grained wood of any of various birch trees
- alder = wood of any of various alder trees; resistant to underwater rot
- hazel = the fine-grained wood of a hazelnut tree (genus Corylus) and the hazel tree
- olive = hard yellow often variegated wood of an olive tree
- ash = strong elastic wood of any of various ash trees
- ironwood = exceptionally tough or hard wood of any of a number of ironwood trees
- walnut = hard dark-brown wood of any of various walnut trees
- hickory = valuable tough heavy hardwood from various hickory trees
- pecan = wood of a pecan tree
- pyinma = relatively hard durable timber from the Queen's crape myrtle
- gumwood / gum = wood or lumber from any of various gum trees especially the sweet gum
- eucalyptus = wood of any of various eucalyptus trees valued as timber
- tupelo = pale soft wood of a tupelo tree especially the water gum
- poon = wood of any poon tree
- red lauan = hard heavy red wood of the red lauan tree
- elmwood / elm = hard tough wood of an elm tree
- brazilwood = heavy wood of various brazilwood trees
- locust = hardwood from any of various locust trees
- logwood = very hard brown to brownish-red heartwood of a logwood tree
- rosewood = hard dark reddish wood of a rosewood tree having a strongly marked grain
- kingwood = handsome violet-streaked wood of the kingwood tree
- granadilla wood = dark red hardwood derived from the cocobolo and used in making musical instruments e.g. clarinets
- blackwood = very dark wood of any of several blackwood trees
- Panama redwood / quira = hard heavy red wood of a quira tree
- red sandalwood / ruby wood = hard durable wood of red sandalwood trees
- black locust = strong stiff wood of a black-locust tree
- cherry = wood of any of various cherry trees especially the black cherry
- fruitwood = wood of various fruit trees (as apple or cherry or pear) used especially in cabinetwork
- lemonwood = hard tough elastic wood of the lemonwood tree
- incense wood = fragrant wood of two incense trees of the genus Protium
- mahogany = wood of any of various mahogany trees
- satinwood = hard yellowish wood of a satinwood tree having a satiny luster
- orangewood = fine-grained wood of an orange tree
- citronwood = wood of a citron tree
- guaiacum wood / guaiac wood = heartwood of a palo santo
- lignum vitae / guaiacum / guaiac = hard greenish-brown wood of the lignum vitae tree and other trees of the genus Guaiacum
- poplar = soft light-colored non-durable wood of the poplar
- sandalwood = close-grained fragrant yellowish heartwood of the true sandalwood
- Turkish boxwood / boxwood = very hard tough close-grained light yellow wood of the box
- maple = wood of any of various maple trees; especially the hard close-grained wood of the sugar maple
- sumac = wood of a sumac
- ebony = hard dark-colored heartwood of the ebony tree
- lacewood / sycamore = variably colored and sometimes variegated hard tough elastic wood of a sycamore tree
- teakwood / teak = hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees; resistant to insects and to warping
- dogwood = hard tough wood of any dogwood of the genus Cornus
- sapwood = newly formed outer wood lying between the cambium and the heartwood of a tree or woody plant; usually light colored
- heartwood / duramen = the older inactive central wood of a tree or woody plant
- burl = the wood cut from a tree burl or outgrowth
- brushwood = the wood from bushes or small branches
- cabinet wood = moderately dense wood used for cabinetwork
- driftwood = wood that is floating or that has been washed ashore
- log = a segment of the trunk of a tree when stripped of branches
- matchwood = wood suitable for making matchsticks
- matchwood / splinters = wood in small pieces or splinters
- sawdust = fine particles of wood made by sawing wood
- wicker = slender flexible branches or twigs
- dyewood = any wood from which dye is obtained
- hardwood = the wood of broad-leaved dicotyledonous trees
- softwood / deal = wood that is easy to saw
- raw wood = wood that is not finished or painted
- knot = a hard cross-grained round piece of wood in a board where a branch emerged
- substance of: beam = long thick piece of wood or metal or concrete, etc., used in construction; chopping block = a steady wooden block on which food can be cut or diced or wood can be split; spindle = a piece of wood that has been turned on a lathe; lumber / timber = the wood of trees cut and prepared for use as building material
- substance: lignin = a complex polymer; the chief constituent of wood other than carbohydrates
- the trees and other plants in a large densely wooded area
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of wood: forest / woods
- more generic words: botany / flora / vegetation = all the plant life in a particular region or period
- more specific terms:
- bosk = a small wooded area
- grove = a small growth of trees without underbrush
- jungle = an impenetrable equatorial forest
- rain forest / rainforest = a forest with heavy annual rainfall
- virgin forest / old growth = forest or woodland having a mature or overly mature ecosystem more or less uninfluenced by human activity
- second growth = a second growth of trees covering an area where the original stand was destroyed by fire or cutting
- English conductor (1869-1944)
- any wind instrument other than the brass instruments
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of wood: woodwind / woodwind instrument
- more generic terms: wind / wind instrument = a musical instrument in which the sound is produced by an enclosed column of air that is moved by bellows or the human breath
- more specific terms:
- a golf club with a long shaft used to hit long shots; originally made with a wooden head
- example: metal woods are now standard
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic terms: club / golf club / golf-club / golfclub = golf equipment used by a golfer to hit a golf ball
- more specific terms:
- brassie = a golfing wood with a face more elevated that a driver but less than a spoon
- number one wood / driver = a golf club (a wood) with a near vertical face that is used for hitting long shots from the tee
- metal wood = golf wood with a metal head instead of the traditional wooden head
- spoon = formerly a golfing wood with an elevated face
Alternative definition of the noun wood
- [uncountable] The substance making up the central part of the trunk and branches of a tree. Used as a material for construction, to manufacture various items, etc. or as fuel.
- synonym: timber
- [countable] The wood of a particular species of tree.
- [countable] A forested or wooded area, most often used in the plural.
- See Firewood.
- [countable] [golf] A type of golf club, the head of which was traditionally made of wood.
- [music] A woodwind instrument.
- [slang] An erection.
Specialised definition of the noun wood
Glossary of sports / bowling
a bowl; formerly made of heavy-density wood (lignum vitae) and then rubber; modern bowls are made from a composite material (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
a pin or pins
the number of pins knocked down
the number of pins given to a bowler as a handicap
Glossary of sports / darts
the area around the target, outside the scoring area
Glossary of sports / golf
a club with a head made of wood used for long drives down the fairway (Herbert Haag & Gerald Haag. 2003. Dictionary. Sport, Physical Education, Sport Science. Kiel, Institut für Sport und Sportwissenschaften)
a club with a bulky head, traditionally made of wood though now usually of metal, used for hitting the ball long distances (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
formerly a club with a wooden head, but now a club that has a large head of wood or metal. It's generally used for shots requiring greater distance than irons
Definition of the adjective wood
What does wood mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- Made of 'wood'.
- synonym: wooden
- [obsolete] Mad, insane, crazed.
- Wood a.k.a. Kurtwood Smith: Kurtwood Larson Smith is an American television and film actor. He is known for playing Clarence Boddicker in RoboCop and Red Forman in That '70s Show, and for his appearances in the genre of science fiction. He also starred in the seventh season of 24.
- read more about Kurtwood Smith (actor)
- Wood a.k.a. Wood Harris: Sherwin David "Wood" Harris is an American actor. He is best known for his roles as high school student Julius Campbell in the 2000 film Remember the Titans and the drug kingpin Avon Barksdale on the HBO crime drama The Wire.
- read more about Wood Harris (actor)
- Wood a.k.a. LaMarr Woodley: LaMarr Dudley Woodley is an American football defensive end for the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League. He played college football for the University of Michigan, and as recognized as a unanimous All-American. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft, and he was a member of the Steelers' Super Bowl XLIII championship team.
- read more about LaMarr Woodley
- Wood a.k.a. Ellen Wood, was an English novelist, better known as "Mrs. Henry Wood". She is perhaps remembered most for her 1861 novel East Lynne, but many of her books became international best-sellers, being widely received in the United States and surpassing Charles Dickens' fame in Australia.
- read more about Ellen Wood (novelist)
- Wood a.k.a. Nantawooti Boonrapsap is an actor.
- read more about Nantawooti Boonrapsap (actor)
- Wood was an English cricketer who made two known appearances in first-class matches for Kent from 1828 to 1829.
- nationality: England
- profession: Cricketer
- Wood was an English cricketer who made two known appearances in first-class matches for Kent from 1789 to 1790.
- Wood: Matthew Wood born and under the is British Sea Power's drummer. He also helps design most of the artwork for the sleeves.
- born on (36 years ago)
- nationality: England
- Wood was a Major League Baseball second baseman who played in one game for the Baltimore Canaries on September 30, 1874.
Wood is a periodical, brand, magazine.
- Wood is a fictional character from the 1996 film A Couch in New York.
- Wood is a fictional character from the 2008 film Of Boys and Men.
- Wood is a fictional character from the 2006 film Wood & Stock: Sexo, Orégano e Rock'n'Roll.
There are other characters with in their name, like Wood's, Ed Wood, Jim Wood, Lt. Wood, Mr. Wood, Red Wood, Sam Wood, Ted Wood, Doug Wood, Jack Wood, JoAn Wood, Rev. Wood, Wood Hite, Julie Wood, Midge Wood, Nikki Wood, Robin Wood, Tommy Wood, Wood Nymph.
- "Wood" is a book by George Simonds Boulger.
- also known as "Wood; a manual of the natural history and industrial applications of the timbers of commerce"
- "Wood" is a book by Charles Wood.
- "Wood" a.k.a. "The Wood" is a 1999 romantic comedy, written by Rick Famuyiwa and Todd Boyd. Famuyiwa also directed the film, which stars Omar Epps, Richard T. Jones, and Taye Diggs.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Albert Berger, Ron Yerxa, Van Toffler & David Gale
- written by Todd Boyd & Rick Famuyiwa
- Omar Epps as Mike
- Taye Diggs as Roland
- Richard T. Jones as Slim
- Sanaa Lathan as Alicia
- Malinda Williams as Young Alicia
- LisaRaye McCoy-Misick as Lisa
- Antwon Tanner as Boo
- Sean Nelson as Young Mike
- Jascha Washington as Mike's Brother
- Trent Cameron as Young Roland
- Duane Finley as Young Slim
- Patricia Belcher as Mrs. Hughes
- Tamala Jones as Tanya
- Elayn Taylor as Roland's Mother
- De'Aundre Bonds as Stacey
- Cynthia Martells as Mike's Mother
- Wyking Jones as Cashiers in Mini Mart #1
- Geoffrey Blackshire as Cashiers in Mini Mart #2
- Aiysha Sinclair as Tracey
- Melvin Lyons as Gang member
- Sam Hiona as Cashier in mini-mart 1986
- John Wesley as Police Officers #1
- Oscar Dillon as Police Officers #2
- Tia Gainer as Girl at Dance
- Howard Thompson as D.J. at Dance
- Douglas Shamburger as D.J. on Radio
- Brandi Wilson as Girls at Dance #1
- Christina Milian as Girls at Dance #2
- Dawnn Lewis as Woman in Cleaners
- Crystal Celeste Grant as Girl with Slim
- La'Myia Good as Monica
- Alecia Smith as Girl with Roland
- Kongit Farrell as Girl with Slim
- Stacy Arnell as Woman with Stacey
- Telma Hopkins as Slim's Mother
- Basil Wallace as Lisa's Father
- Todd Boyd as Reverend Parker
- Julie Garibaldi as Tanisha
- Nayo Wallace as Girl In School Hallway
- cinematography by Steven Bernstein
- set decoration by David Smith
- genres: Coming of age, Romantic comedy, Romance Film, Teen film, Comedy-drama, Buddy film, Comedy, Drama
- tagline: From boyhood to manhood, you can always count on your best friends.
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (16 years ago)
- award: - NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Motion Picture
- "Wood" is a 2000 short film directed by Leighton Pierce.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Wood" is a film, directed by Frank Parker.
- Wood is an annual small early summer folk and roots music festival and environmental gathering, which takes place in Braziers Park, Ipsden near Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK. Its indepdendent organisers, Robin and Joe Bennett, also arrange the Truck Festival.
- "Wood" was the 1995 second studio album by Canadian artists Moxy Früvous.
- "Wood" is the twenty-first album by the Athens, Georgia-based band Widespread Panic. It is their tenth official live album release. It was released on the band's Widespread Records imprint on October 16, 2012. Initially released on 2-CD, 2-LP and digitally, it features material recorded from the band's 20th anniversary Wood Tour in 2012.
- "Wood" is a song by English Post Trip-Hop band Second Person, which will be on the band's second album: "The Elements" - the follow-up to their debut album "Chromatography". Released on 9 August 2007, this song has a music video created by a collaboration of artists, animators and the band. This video is the first chapter in a story spanning five videos that make up a short animated film also called "The Elements". These video along with the album were created for "believers" in the band on Sellaband.com who helped the band raise $50,000 to record their album. These videos and songs can be download from their site.
- "Wood" is a musical album of Greg Baumont.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Wood" is a musical album of B. J. Nilsen.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Wood" is a musical album of M. Walking on the Water.
- released in (24 years ago)
- "Wood" is a musical album of Ernesto Schnack.
- released on (13 years ago)
- "Wood" is a musical album of McGuffey Lane.
- released in (13 years ago)
- "Wood" is a musical album of Courage Brothers.
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Wood" is a musical album of Brian Bromberg.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Wood" is a composition.
- music by Scan X
- Wood is a town in Mellette County, South Dakota, United States. The population was 62 at the 2010 census.
- Wood is a town in Wood County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 786 at the 2000 census.
- Wood is a small unincorporated community in northeastern Franklin County, North Carolina, on North Carolina Highway 561 east of Centerville. Settled in 1893, Wood was incorporated as a town in 1917. The town charter was repealed in 1961. Wood lies at an elevation of 322 feet.
- Wood a.k.a. Wood, West Virginia: Wood is an unincorporated community in Mason County, West Virginia, United States. Wood is located on County Route 44 2.8 miles east-northeast of Leon.
- read more about Wood, West Virginia
There are other places with in their name, like Wood's, Lee Wood, Camp Wood, Lake Wood, Park Wood, Rock Wood, Wood Dale, Wood Farm, Wood Hall, Wood Lake, Abbey Wood, Holme Wood, Petts Wood, Wood Creek, Wood Green, Wood Point, Wood Ridge, Wood River, Wood Tower and Wood-Ridge.
- Wood is a porous and fibrous structural tissue found in the stems and roots of trees and other woody plants. It has been used for thousands of years for both fuel and as a construction material. It is an organic material, a natural composite of cellulose fibers embedded in a matrix of lignin which resists compression. Wood is sometimes defined as only the secondary xylem in the stems of trees, or it is defined more broadly to include the same type of tissue elsewhere such as in the roots of trees or shrubs. In a living tree it performs a support function, enabling woody plants to grow large or to stand up by themselves. It also mediates the transfer of water and nutrients to the leaves and other growing tissues. Wood may also refer to other plant materials with comparable properties, and to material engineered from wood, or wood chips or fiber.
- also known as painted wood structure, painted wood relief
- Wood: A wood is a type of club used in the sport of golf. Woods have longer shafts and larger, rounder heads than other club types, and are used to hit the ball longer distances than other types.
- WOOD is a news/talk radio station broadcasting at 1300 kHz and 106.9 FM in Michigan, United States. WOOD-AM is licensed to Grand Rapids, Michigan and WOOD-FM to Muskegon, Michigan.
- also known as Wood (AM), WOOD-1300, WOOD radio
- official website: www.woodradio.com
- Wood, sometimes translated as Tree, is the growing of the matter, or the matter's growing stage. Wood is the first phase of Wu Xing. Wood is yang in character. It stands for springtime, the east, the planet Jupiter, the color blue, green, wind, and the Azure Dragon in Four Symbols.
- also known as Tree
- Wood is a lunar impact crater that lies entirely within the interior of the much larger walled plain Landau, on the far side of Moon. Wood is situated along the northwestern part of the floor of Landau, and shares a common northwestern rim with the larger impact. The inner wall of the northwest rim extends inward about halfway toward the crater midpoint, where there is a central peak. The rim of Wood is somewhat worn and uneven, with a small crater laid across the southwest section. The surviving interior floor is nearly level and is marked only by a few tiny craterlets.
- also known as وود
- Wood is gathered from trees. Different trees yield different base amounts, ranging from 1 to 5.
Phrases with Wood
Phrases starting with the word Wood:
Phrases ending with the word Wood:
View more phrases with the word Wood in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Wood
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Forest Service (U S ), Forest Products Laboratory (U S ), Robert J. Ross
Ross, Supervisory Research General Engineer Forest Products Laboratory, Madison, Wisconsin Wood is an extremely valuable material because it is renewable,
Cowboy Doodles (2013)
by Anita Wood
"Doodle Queen" Anita Wood is the author of Pocketdoodles for Girls, Pocketdoodles for Princesses, and Travel Doodles for Kids.
by Alys Holden, Bronislaw Sammler, Bradley L Powers, Steven A Schmidt
wood and itS pRopeRtieS Wood is the most commonly used construction material in theatrical scenery. It is inexpensive, versatile, and strong for its ...
From the Forest (2012)
A Search for the Hidden Roots of our Fairytales by Sara Maitland
The Purgatory Wood is a patch of privately owned commercial forestry, which fills in between Arecleoch and Kilgallioch forests, two larger stretches of Forestry Commission plantation, making it a part of the vast (too vast) Galloway Forest.
Enteric Nervous System (2011)
The Brain-in-the-Gut by Jackie D. Wood
WoodJackie D. Wood is a professor in the Department of Physiology and Cell Biology and in the...
A Complete Guide to Hunting Knives Survival Knives Folding Knives Skinning Knives Sharpeners and More by Roger Eckstine
Wood is a natural material that has had mixed results as the basis for a ...
by Parvis Navi, Dick Sandberg
Wood is the ultimate renewable material. it possesses qualities that have made it a material of choice for millennia and...
nevertheless, the fact that wood is a natural product originating from different individual trees imposes ...
Floors * Y Live oak and redcedar alternately - - English ash - Adriatic English beech Spanish }* | Other foreign white - "#" '' £ rench oak and red cedar # teak Hackmatack Baltic fir s: £a: Red pine Wew Sout es - - J hard wood J J J - £ or ash H ...
The New Spelling Dictionary, Teaching to Write and Pronounce the English Tongue with Ease and Propriety ... (1783)
by John Entick
Wood, s. a plant used in dying a blue color Wóful, a. soorowful, calamitous, wretched. Wófully, ad mournfully, wretchedly Wold, s. a plain open country Wolf, s , a beast, an ulcer in the breast Wolf'dog, s. a large dog to guard sheep Wolf'ish or ...
to which is prefixed, a Grammar of the English Language by Samuel Johnson
Dryden, WOOD. a. [ivods, Gothick ; pob, Saxon ; ivoed, Dutch.] Mad ; furious ; raging. Tujjer. WOOD./. [pu'se, Saxon; vioud, Dutch.] ...
The domestic encyclopedia, or, A dictionary of facts and useful knowledge, chiefly applicable to rural & domestic economy (1821)
with an appendix, containing additions in domestic medicine, and the veterinary and culinary arts by Anthony Florian Madinger Willich, Thomas Cooper, Katherine Golden Bitting Collection on Gastronomy (Library of Congress)
This method has been successfully tried ; but, as it 13 too expensive, Dr Lewis advises all wood, that is ex post d o the inclemency of the weather, to be coated with a preparation of pulverised pit-coal and melted tar, reduced to the consistence ...
Exhibiting Their Present State in Every Part of the World; and Carefully Comp. from the Latest and Best Authorities by Thomas Mortimer
Wood, viz. Note. Wood, the growth or production of the United States of America, or the Portuguese Settlements on the Continent of South America, is chargeable with the lowest duties which by Law are payable on the importation of such ...
A Dictionary of Chemistry on the Basis of Mr Nicholson's ... with an Introductory Dissertation (1821)
by Andrew Ure
For general purposes, wood is converted into charcoal by building it up in a pyramidal form, covering the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Wood
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Wood
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: heyjohngreen
Photo credit: Erika Gilraen Loss
Photo credit: Carl Johan
Photo credit: AndyArmstrong
Photo credit: Lennart Tange
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: GrahamPics1
Photo credit: andymag
Photo credit: chornamariya
Photo credit: solarisgirl
Photo credit: weak_hope
Photo credit: DBduo Photography
Photo credit: Sam Schmidt.
Rotting wooden planks
Photo credit: lecrajane
Photo credit: hunsrod
Photo credit: MinivanNinja
Photo credit: ChuckThePhotographer
Photo credit: evcabartakova
Photo credit: Kat...
- Old wood
Photo credit: Giorgio Saraceno
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Wood
Click on an item to play that video:
- Wood Meaning
Video shows what wood means. The substance making up the central part of the trunk and branches of a tree. Used as a material for construction, ...
- Wood Facts Lumber Terminology
- Wood meaning and pronunciation
Something hard that you must rub regularly to keep shiny. Wood can be found in lots of places, like in your son or daughter's bedroom. You can do many things ...
- Wood parenchyma Meaning
Video shows what wood parenchyma means. the vertical and usually axially arranged parenchyma of the xylem that is believed to function chiefly in ...
- Wood Meaning
Video shows what Wood means. An English topographic surname for someone who lived in or near a wood.. An English occupational surname for a woodsman.
- Wood anemone Meaning
Video shows what wood anemone means. Either of two plant species of the family Ranunculaceae, and .. The snowdrop windflower ().. wood anemone ...
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Machine tools for working wood
- Lascel Wood & Apollo & MC Definition
- Wood oil Meaning
Video shows what wood oil means. An oil made from the gurjan tree.. Any sort of oil made from wood.. Wood oil Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- Chop Shop wit KLI Live!! Interview with Wood (Dialect Music)
- Social Prosperity Wood Buffalo: A definition
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Miscellaneous construction materials in wood
- TopSolid'Wood 2010 news - 09-Part-Definition
TopSolid'Wood 2010 news - 09-Part-Definition.
- Albrecht Wood Interiors Inc. | Redefining the True Meaning of Handcrafted Cabinetry
- Wood - Vocabulary Digital Story - Luisa's Visit from a Scientist
- Patti Wood - High Energy Motivational Speaker and Body Language Expert
Eagles Talent Speakers Bureau proudly presents Patti Wood -...
- Lexus-2013 LS460 Linear Espresso Wood description
This clip shows the Luxurious attention to detail in the Lexus LS460.
- Patti Wood Body Language Expert after dinner speech
Body language expert giving fun interactive after dinner speech to 300 salespeople on body language and first impressions. Patti Wood Body Language Expert, ...
- Patti Wood: High Energy Motivational Speaker and Body Language Expert
- Wood (Noun) - Daily Dictionary
- Old clip - Christian Wood (description)
- Dr. Bashi's Persian Wood Alphabet Blocks (Language: Persian)
VOA interview with former university professor, activist and visual artist Dr. Golbarg Bashi about the "Persian wood alphabet blocks", a toy and fashion venture ...
- Dr. Stan Doyle Wood on 'The Language of Hip-Hop' | Project Freedom U of T Lecture w/ GZA
Dr. Stan Doyle Wood on 'The Language of Hip-Hop' | Freedom Project U of T Lecture w/ GZA @InThaKutRadio was honoured to take part in the ...
- Cuts Wood Academy. Blackfoot Language Lesson. Coloring Book # 1 KR/DK (Animals).
Kaiylyn Rutherford and Darren Kipp go over Blackfoot words associated with Coloring Book KR/DK Coloring Book #1. Blackfoot Language Lesson. Coloring ...
- Wood Plaque Mounted Laminated Posters Description
Laminated Visuals is a manufacturer of laminated images, plaque mounted on fiberboard, as an alternative to custom framing. This high quality process consists ...
- Art Language Location: Milk on Wood Trailer
- Tim Wood says thank you in Filipino language.
Tim Wood, American man in the Philippines to help a child in need.
- Benjamin Busch: The Secret Language of Wood
Writer Benjamin Busch shares his inspiration for "The Secret Language of Wood," a chapter in his upcoming memoir, "Dust To Dust."
- Researching The " Wood Folks" Language
View more videos about saw wood, Carl Wood, Wood pulp, Abbey Wood, Brian Wood, Cocus Wood, David Wood, Elfin Wood, Molly Wood, Susan Wood, Touch Wood, Wood grain, wood screw, Gopher wood, Graham Wood, Wood Spider, wood spirit, Michael Wood, wood alcohol, Knock On Wood, Petrified wood, Wood Horsetail, and Giant Wood Rail.
Quotes about Wood
Scrabble value of W4O1O1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Wood to see it in context!