On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun wyrd
What does wyrd mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- fate personified; any one of the three Weird Sisters
Alternative definition of the noun wyrd
- Fate, destiny, particular in an Anglo-Saxon or Norse context.
Wyrd Miniatures produces a range of 32 mm metal and plastic miniatures, in several genres, for painters and gamers. Established and offering its first miniatures in 2005, the company is owned by Nathan Caroland and Eric Johns. In 2009, Wyrd published its first game, Malifaux, set in a dystopian city in a parallel world. In 2011 they introduced the board game Puppet-Wars.
- also known as Wyrd Miniatures
- Wyrd is a Finnish Pagan black metal band which was formed in 1998. The band was originally formed under the name Hellkult in 1997 by Narqath and drummer Kalma. The first Wyrd demo was released in early 2000, "Unchained Heathen Wrath" featured material recorded between 1998 and 2000. The lyrical themes are centered on old folklore and Nordic mythology. The name "Wyrd" is from Old English, meaning fate.
- also known as Hellkult
- genres: Black metal, Folk metal, Ambient music
- albums: "The Collection", "Unchained Heathen Wrath", "Songs of the Northern Gale", "Heathen", "Huldrafolk", "Wrath & Revenge", "Vargtimmen, Part 1: The Inmost Night", "Vargtimmen, Part 2: Ominous Insomnia", "Rota", "The Ghost Album", "Of Revenge and Bloodstained Swords", "Tuonela", "Kammen", "Kalivägi", "Vargtimmen Pt. 2: Ominous Insomnia", "Heathe", "Split", "Wyrd / Häive / Kehrä"
- official website: vargtimmen.cjb.net
- WYRD is a musical group.
- album: "WIRED 2 SCREAM"
- "Wyrd" is the second full-length album by Italian folk/power metal band Elvenking.
- "Wyrd" is a musical album of Himinbjorg.
- released on
- "Wyrd" is a musical album of Greg Rapaport.
- released in (14 years ago)
WYRD, known on-air as "ESPN Upstate", is a sports-formatted radio station in the Greenville-Spartanburg area of Upstate South Carolina. The Entercom Communications outlet is licensed by the FCC to Greenville, SC, and broadcasts at 1330 kHz with an ERP of 5 kW unlimited non-directional daytime and 3-way directional at night. The programming on WORD is simulultaneously broadcast on 950 AM Spartanburg and W246BU-FM 97.1 MHz, Spartanburg.
- official website: www.newsradioword.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Wyrd
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
By Land, Sky & Sea (2010)
Three Realms of Shamanic Witchcraft by Gede Parma
The Wyrd is that thing which is everything. It is vibration; it is cause and effect; it is the foundational laws that created the metaphor and energy exchange of cause and effect (and what binds together the continuum of flow) in the first place.18 ...
by Christian Wilhelm Michael Grein
wyrd, wyrde, adj. worth, worthy, honored, ...
For the Use of Students by John R. Clark Hall
wyrd [S 209 and к2| sf. 1. fate, fortune, destiny. АО. 2. Pale. Providence.
by Henry Sweet
~wyrd+/. strange occurrence. wundr[ian Wg. wonder (at), admire .
by Anthony Lawson Mayhew, Walter William Skeat
In which the Words are Explained in Their Different Senses, Authorized by the Names of the Writers by Whom They are Used, Or the Titles of the Works in which They Occur, and Deduced from Their Originals by John Jamieson
wyrd, fatum; wyrde, parcae. To WEIRD, WEERD, v. a. 1. To destine. P. Buch. Dial. 2. To predict. Minstr. Bord. WEIRDLEss, WIERDLEss, adj.
Comprising the Definitions and Derivations of the Scientific Terms in General Use, Together with the History and Descriptions of the Scientific Principles of Nearly Every Branch of Human Knowledge by William Thomas Brande, George William Cox
wyrd ; Ger. wort, from werden, to become). In Language, the names assigned to conceptions or phenomena. Ac- co-ding to the realistic doctrine, words were things, and the existence of a word implied not merely the existence ...
by Joseph Bosworth
—wyrd, e, f. Evil fortune. Won-sélig unhappy, v. wana. Won-sceafta Morbus quidam splenem officiens, S. Wonung, wanung, e ; f. A waning, decrease, injury, loss, W. Wana, Won-willa An evil will.—wilnung Evil wishing, lust.— -wyrd evil fortune ...
[le'wyrd, W. P. J. E. F. Ja. H'b. ; 16'wyrd or iQ'yrd, K. Sm.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Wyrd
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Wyrd
Thunor's Hammer and the Web of Wyrd
Photo credit: spratmackrel
View more pictures about Wyrd Sisters.
Video language resources about Wyrd
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Wyrd Sisters.
Scrabble value of W4Y4R1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Wyrd to find many related words and phrases!