On this page:
- Definition of the noun Yards
- Phrases with Yards
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Yards
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Yards
- Photos about Yards
- Video about Yards
- Quotes about Yards
- Scrabble value of Y4A1R1D2S1
- Anagrams of YARDS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Yards
What does Yards mean as a name of something?
- [context: nautical, plural-only] The totality of the sailing rig.
"Yards" a.k.a. "The Yards" is a 2000 American crime film directed by James Gray. It was written by Gray and Matt Reeves, and stars Mark Wahlberg, Joaquin Phoenix, Charlize Theron and James Caan.
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Spanish Language
- producers: Kerry Orent, Paul Webster, Nick Wechsler
- executive producers: Jonathan Gordon, Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein
- production design by Kevin Thompson
- art direction by Judy Rhee
- written by James Gray & Matt Reeves
- Mark Wahlberg as Leo Handler
- Joaquin Phoenix as Willie Gutierrez
- Charlize Theron as Erica Soltz
- James Caan as Frank Olchin
- Ellen Burstyn as Val Handler
- Faye Dunaway as Kitty Olchin
- Steve Lawrence as Arthur Mydanick
- Tony Musante as Seymour Korman
- Victor Argo as Paul Lazarides
- Tomas Milian as Manuel Sequiera
- Domenick Lombardozzi as Todd
- John Tormey as Contract Officer
- Teddy Coluca as Terry
- Dan Grimaldi as Executive One
- Allan Houston
- Oscar Colon
- casting by Douglas Aibel
- cinematography by Harris Savides
- edited by Jeffrey Ford
- music by Howard Shore
- costume design by Michael Clancy
- set decoration by Ford Wheeler
- location: New York City
- genres: Thriller, Crime Fiction, Crime Thriller, Suspense, Family Drama, Crime Drama, Gangster Film, Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (14 years ago)
- National Board of Review Award for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Joaquin Phoenix
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Joaquin Phoenix
- Palme d'Or nomination for James Gray
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Supporting Actor, received by Joaquin Phoenix
- National Board of Review Award for Best Supporting Actor, received by Joaquin Phoenix
Yards a.k.a. Yards, Virginia and West Virginia: Yards is an unincorporated community straddling the border between Tazewell County, Virginia and Mercer County, West Virginia, United States. Yards is located on the Bluestone River, 4 miles northwest of Bluefield, Virginia. Yards had a post office on the Virginia side of the border from 1888 until May 28, 1994. The community was named for its railroad yards.
- read more about Yards, Virginia and West Virginia
- Yards covered on passing plays when the player was the receiver.
- Yards covered by passing plays.
- Yards covered on rushing plays.
- Yards covered on passing plays.
- Yards covered on passing plays caught by the player.
Phrases with Yards
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Yards
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Complete Linebacking (1998)
by Lou Tepper
Any run under three yards is a point for the defense. A run over three yards is a point for the offense. We select an odd number of plays and let them compete. • Teaching 9-on-7: This has less contact than our normal form of the drill. Now we ...
Standing Tall (2012)
by William Wardlaw
“As you know, thirty yards is a little on the long side for an accurate revolver shot.” Thomas continued to follow the tracks on the damp soil. “The shooter turned again, looked both left and right and then continued toward the street. Look here ...
by Anyda Marchant
From here the sea could be seen over a parapet set with plants growing in pots and over another the garden (for the landfill that now separates the sea wall from the gardens by several hundred yards is a creation of the twentieth century).
A Reference Book for the Wholesale and Retail Dry Goods Trade of the United States, Containing a Descriptive List of All the Standard Fabrics, Garments, and Related Articles of Merchandise ... with a History of Cotton, Silk, Wool, Flax, Jute, Ramie, Hemp and Other Commercial Fibers, and a Full Description of the Processes of Carding, Spinning, Weaving, Bleaching, Dyeing and Printing ... by George S. Cole
upon the number oi yards required to weigh one pound. The higher the "count" or number, the finer the yarn , according to its diameter. The “count” of cotton yarn is based on the number of ...
The British Encyclopedia, Or Dictionary of Arts and Sciences Comprising an Accurate and Popular View of the Present Improved State of Human Knowledge (1809)
yards, or nearly 1 yard, 1 ; nail, ...
by Jagdish Prasad
YARDS. T. PURNANANDAM & M.L. KUMAR Introduction Standardization is a multi-facet activity and an organized approach for planning, developming, designing and implementing programmes for common benefit. The benefits that accrue ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Yards
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Yards
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Daquella manera
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Yards
Tebow 3:16 Meaning - Tim Tebow Denver Broncos 316 Yards Passing, 31.6 avg against PIT
TEBOW 3:16 - When everyone else says that you can't... just believe that you can! Tim Tebow of the broncos throws for 316 yards on 10 completions resulting in ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Yards!
Quotes about Yards
Scrabble value of Y4A1R1D2S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of YARDS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Yards!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Yards to see it in context!