On this page:
Yaz a.k.a. Yazoo were a British synthpop duo from Basildon, Essex, England, consisting of former Depeche Mode member Vince Clarke and Alison Moyet. Formed in late 1981 after Clarke responded to an advertisement Moyet placed in a UK music magazine, over the next 18 months the duo made two critically acclaimed albums, Upstairs at Eric's and You and Me Both, blending Clarke's synthesizer melodies with Moyet's blues- and soul-influenced vocals. Yazoo enjoyed worldwide success, particularly in their home country where three of their four singles reached the top three of the UK Singles Chart and both their albums made the top two of the albums chart. In North America they are best known for the song "Situation", originally only a B-side in the UK but which was a club and airplay hit in the US and Canada before being released as the band's debut single in North America.
- read more about Yazoo
- Yaz a.k.a. Zinedine Zidane: Zinedine Yazid Zidane, nicknamed "Zizou", is a former French footballer and current coach of Real Madrid Castilla. He played as an attacking midfielder for the French national team, Juventus and Real Madrid. Renowned for his elegance, vision and technique, Zidane was named the best European footballer of the past 50 years in the UEFA Golden Jubilee Poll, and has been described as one of the greatest players in the history of the game.
- read more about Zinedine Zidane
- Yaz a.k.a. Yasmine Bleeth: Yasmine Amanda Bleeth is an American former actress. Her television roles include Caroline Holden in the long-running series Baywatch and Lee Anne Demerest on the soap opera One Life to Live.
- read more about Yasmine Bleeth (actress)
- Yaz a.k.a. Carl Yastrzemski: Carl Michael Yastrzemski is an American former Major League Baseball left fielder and first baseman. He was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1989. Yastrzemski played his entire 23-year baseball career with the Boston Red Sox. He was primarily a left fielder, but also played as a first baseman and designated hitter later in his career. Yastrzemski is an 18-time All-Star, the possessor of seven Gold Gloves, a member of the 3000 hit club, and the first American League player in that club to also accumulate over 400 home runs. He is second on the all-time list for games played, and third for total at-bats. He is the Red Sox' all-time leader in career RBIs, runs, hits, singles, doubles, total bases, and games played, and is third on the team's list for home runs behind another Red Sox great, Ted Williams, his predecessor in left field, and current Red Sox Designated Hitter David Ortiz.
- read more about Carl Yastrzemski
- Yaz a.k.a. Mike Yastrzemski: Michael Yastrzemski plays for the baseball team Frederick Keys.
- read more about Mike Yastrzemski
- "Yaz" is a musical EP of Mor ve Ötesi.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Yaz" is a musical album of Yasuyuki "Yaz" Takagi.
- released in (12 years ago)
- Yaz is a fictional film character.
- Yaz is a fictional character from the 2013 theater production of the play, Water by the Spoonful.
Yaz is a drug brand, brand.
- official website: www.yaz-us.com
Yaz a.k.a. Tofino/Long Beach Airport, is located 6 nautical miles southeast of Tofino, British Columbia, Canada.
Yaz a.k.a. Lokaa Language: The Yakö language, Lokö, is the Upper Cross River language of the Yakö people of Nigeria.
- also known as Loko, Yakurr, Luko, Loke, Yakö, Yakö language
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Yaz
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Lalit kumar
PHPYAZ (PHPYAZ, 2013) PHP/YAZ is an extension to the popular web server language PHP that implements Z39.50 origin (client) functionality ...
Motherhood in India (2012)
Glorification Without Empowerment? by Maithreyi Krishnaraj
Yaz is an ancient Tamil musical instrument. 6. The lullaby form which was closely associated with the mother in fact became a very effective propaganda material in Tamil politics. Vanidasan who wrote during the time of Annadurai used the ...
Understanding the Hormone Connection to find Hope and Wellness by Susan Hutchinson MD
Yaz is a 24/4 (24 active pills followed by 4 placebo pills) monophasic combined estrogen/progesterone birth control pill. Each active pill contains 20 mcg of ethinyl estradiol (a synthetic estrogen commonly referred to as EE) and a synthetic ...
Yasmin/Yaz. Yasmin/Yaz is a combined oral contraceptive containing the drugs ethinyl estradiol and drospirenone, first marketed around 2000. Ethinyl estradiol was an established estrogen and drosperinone, ...
by Douglas Q. Adams
YAZ CULTURE The Yaz culture was the early Iron Age culture of Bactria and Margiana. It is dated to c 1500-1100 BC. Settlements emerge on top of earlier late Bronze Age sites or virgin ground; they sometimes exhibit stone towers ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Yaz
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Yaz
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Yaz
Yaz meaning and pronunciation
Yaz can either be used as a verb meaning 'to pee' or the sound it makes when you pee. Yaz definition by Urban Dictionary.
See also the pronunciation examples of Yaz!
Scrabble value of Y4A1Z10
The value of this 3-letter word is 15 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of YAZ
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Yaz!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Yaz to see it in context!