On this page:
Definition of the noun young mammal
What does young mammal mean as a name of something?
- any immature mammal
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- more generic words: offspring / young = any immature animal
- more specific terms:
- baby = a very young mammal
- whelp / pup = young of any of various canines such as a dog or wolf
- wolf cub / wolf pup = a young wolf
- young carnivore / cub = the young of certain carnivorous mammals such as the bear or wolf or lion
- kit = young of any of various fur-bearing animals
- suckling = a young mammal that has not been weaned
- calf = young of domestic cattle
- calf = young of various large placental mammals e.g. whale or giraffe or elephant or buffalo
- kitten / kitty = young domestic cat
- foal = a young horse
- piglet / piggy / shoat / shote = a young pig
- heifer = young cow
- bullock = young bull
- lamb = young sheep
- fawn = a young deer
- member of: class Mammalia / Mammalia = warm-blooded vertebrates characterized by mammary glands in the female
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Young Mammal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
a young mammal, such as a fox, lion, or bear. lion cub cunning ...
by Yoofisaca Syngkon Nongpluh, Rupak Ghosh
milk tooth any of the first set of teeth of a young mammal. When it falls off, it is replaced by a permanent tooth. Milky Way galaxy containing the solar system. It consists of millions of stars. millimetre ...
by Maurice Waite
make a young mammal used to food other than its mother's milk. 2 (often wean someone off) make someone give up a ...
Dictionary of Biology (2014)
by Bill Indge
It provides the young mammal with antibodies. These are protein molecules that are too large to pass across the placenta. They provide passive immunity against some diseases, and are thought to be particularly important in preventing gut ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Young Mammal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Young Mammal
Click on an item to view that photo:
Young mammal, possibly Bovidae Oryx
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Young Mammal to see it in context!