On this page:
- Zala a.k.a. Zala County: Zala is an administrative county in south-western Hungary. It is named after the Zala River. It shares borders with Croatia and Slovenia and the Hungarian counties Vas, Veszprém and Somogy. The capital of Zala county is Zalaegerszeg. Its area is 3,784 square kilometres. Lake Balaton lies partly in the county.
- read more about Zala County
- The Zala is a river in south-western Hungary. Its source is in the hills on the borders with Austria and Slovenia. Its length is 139 km and drains water from 2,622 square km. Several smaller rivers feed into it, including the Felső-Válicka, Szentmihályfalvai patak, Szévíz csatorna, Foglár csatorna on the right bank, and Szentjakabi patak, Sárviz patak, Széplaki patak, Csörgető patak and Nádas patak on the left bank. It flows through the city of Zalaegerszeg before flowing into Lake Balaton near Keszthely. The River Zala flows through the Hungarian counties of Vas and Zala.
- Zala is a village in Somogy county, Hungary.
- Zala a.k.a. Zala County: Zala was an administrative county of the Kingdom of Hungary. Its territory is now in southwestern Hungary, northern Croatia and eastern Slovenia. The territory of the county comprised what is now the Hungarian county Zala and part of Veszprém county, the Croatian region of Međimurje to the south-west of it, bordered by the river Drave, and a small region around Lendava in Slovenia. The capital of the county was Zalaegerszeg.
- read more about Zala County
- Zala is one of the woredas in the Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples' Region of Ethiopia. Part of the Gamo Gofa Zone, Zala is bordered on the southwest by Uba Debretsehay, on the northwest by Demba Gofa, on the northeast by Kucha, on the east by Deramalo, and on the southeast by Kemba. Zala was part of former Zala Ubamale woreda.
- Zala a.k.a. Alexander Zalachenko is a fictional character from the 2009 film The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
- read more about Alexander Zalachenko
- Zala is a fictional character from the 1954 film The Naked Jungle.
- "Zala" is a composition.
- "Zala" a.k.a. "Zaļā" is a composition.
- music by Jānis Lūsēns
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Zala
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Open-air Gardening (1901)
The Culture of Hardy Flowers, Fruit, and Vegetables, Abridged from "The Book of Gardening"
marrocep/zala is a useful plant for the back of the herbaceous border. It grows from 3ft. to 4ft. high, and bears large heads 0t yellow Thistle-like flowers during July and August. C. montana is an early summerflowering species, growing 2ft.
Annual Report (1886)
by Manchester Microscopical Society
P/zyl/iroi" burep/zala is a small free-swimming gastropod, which has become so much modified and simplified in structure that, but for its possession of a radula, it might be difficult to recognise it as a Mollusc at all. It has a sac-shaped body, ...
Continuous and Lipschitz Optimization: Algorithms, Implementations and Applications by J. Pintér
River Zala is a major pollution load source to Lake Balaton (discussed in the subsequent chapter). Observation data concerning river conditions were collected weekly between 1975 and 1986. A tentative wastewater treatment plant /discharge ...
Deeds of the Hungarians (1999)
by Simon Kézai, Jen?o Sz?ucs
— Zala is a county bordering on Lake Balaton, and the lands of the Verbulcsu kindred were indeed in this region (KMTL, 132-33). 3 bene K ' Cf. SRH 1, ch.
by Abraham Rees
ZALA, in Botany, so called by Loureiro, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Zala
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Zala
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about Zala
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Zala"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of Z10A1L1A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ZALA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Zala!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Zala to find many related words and phrases!