On this page:
Definition of the adjective Zero-Day
What does Zero-Day mean as an attribute of a noun?
- [computing] Pertaining to the day on which software is released.
"Zero-day" a.k.a. "Zero Day" is a 2003 American film directed by Ben Coccio about a school shooting. It was inspired by the 1999 Columbine High School massacre.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Ben Coccio
- written by Ben Coccio & Christopher Coccio
- genres: Crime Fiction, Indie film, Juvenile Delinquency Film, Drama
- tagline: Two kids. One school
- released on (12 years ago)
- award: - Independent Spirit Someone to Watch Award (Turning Leaf Someone to Watch Award) nomination for Ben Coccio
"Zero-day" a.k.a. "Zero Day" is a 2011 book written by David Baldacci.
- released on
- official website: davidbaldacci.com/book/zero-day-7
- "Zero-day" a.k.a. "Zero Day" is the fourth studio album from nerdcore hip hop artist MC Frontalot. It was released on April 6, 2010. The first single, "Your Friend Wil", is available for free from the official website. The album's cover art was drawn by Jhonen Vasquez.
- genre: Nerdcore
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Zero-day" a.k.a. "Zero Day" is a musical album of Nevada Beach.
- released in (25 years ago)
- "Zero-day" a.k.a. "Zero Day" is a musical album of Full Blown Kirk.
- "Zero-day" a.k.a. "Zero Day" is a composition.
- music by Gminor7
- Zero-day a.k.a. Zero-day virus: A zero-day virus is a previously unknown computer virus or other malware for which specific antivirus software signatures are not yet available.
- also known as Zero day virus
- Zero-day a.k.a. Zero-day attack: A zero-day attack or threat is an attack that exploits a previously unknown vulnerability in a computer application or operating system, one that developers have not had time to address and patch. It is called a "zero-day" because the programmer has had zero days to fix the flaw. Once a patch is available, it is no longer a "zero-day exploit". It is common for individuals or companies who discover zero-day attacks to sell them to government agencies for use in cyberwarfare.
- also known as Zero day, Zero day attack
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Zero-Day
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Aaron Johns
If a vulnerability is detected as a high-level threat without the vendor being notified, it is called zero-day.
by Jennifer L. Bayuk, Jason Healey, Paul Rohmeyer, Marcus H. Sachs, Jeffrey Schmidt, Joseph Weiss
Zero-Day: When used as a modifier for the word threat, attack, or vulnerability, zero-day means that the vulnerability used by the threat agent is not publicly known. Zone: An network configuration that requires traffic filters to specify all ...
Understanding Information Security Investigations by Jennifer Bayuk
The term zero-day refers to the number of days information about a given systems vulnerability has been available to the general Internet community concerned with cybersecurity events.1 For example, assume a hacker created a new type of ...
Defining the Terms that Define Security for E-Business, Internet, Information and Wireless Technology by Urs E. Gattiker
Zero-Day Exploit can be defined as the case where a system ('in the wild') is being compromised before the vulnerability was known to exist by most security professionals (not published on public security mailing lists, such as CERT, Bugtraq, ...
Tracing XT: Extended Technology XTP: Express Transfer Protocol Y2K: Calendar Year 2000 YR: Year YTD: Year to Date Z: Zero ZAK: Zero Administration Kit ZAW: Zero Administration Windows ZERT: Zero-day Emergency Response Team.
The Magician's Dictionary (2012)
by Edward Rehmus
In the Newtime calendar, since every month begins on Monday — the epagomenal is not one of the days of the week and so has no designation other than “nonday" or "zero-day." EPHAH – Exoterically, merely an ancient Hebrew measure for ...
by Pagani, Margherita
is more effective against modern “zero-day” (rapidly spreading) attacks against which individual users cannot adequately defend. But perhaps with increased user ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Zero-Day
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Zero-Day
Video shows what zero-day means. Pertaining to the day on which software is released.. Zero-day Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
View more videos about Zero-Day Exploit.
See also the pronunciation examples of Zero-Day!
Anagrams of ZERO-DAY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Zero-Day!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Zero-Day to see it in context!