Pronunciation of Aid
On this page:
Pronunciation details of Aid
How is Aid pronounced?
International Phonetic Alphabet coded:
- aid = eɪd (/eɪ/d)
Hyphenation of Aid
How is Aid hyphenated?
- British and American usage: Aid (no hyphenation)
Examples of pronunciation in real context
Click on an item to listen a few seconds from that video:
See also pronunciation examples for Band Aid, Band-Aid, Gift Aid, Kool-Aid, first aid, first-aid, In Aid of, legal aid, State Aid, mutual aid, aid station, foreign aid, foreign-aid, hearing aid, hearing-aid, medical aid, teaching aid, Financial aid, First Aid Kit, First-Aid Kit, and First Aid Kits.
Other pronunciation resources
Click on an item to play that video:
- Pronunciation aid for "Scrolliam crepitacoli!" from Act III of Falstaff
- Year 9 GCSE Revision Week 1 Pronunciation Support to Aid Listening
This week's revision - remember you need to be able to recognise these words when you see them, as well as when you hear them!
- Pronunciation aid for "Cozzalo, aizzalo" from Act III of Falstaff
- How to Say or Pronounce Aid
This video shows you how to say or pronounce Aid. How would you say Aid?
- Year 9 GCSE Revision Week 2 Pronunciation Support to Aid Listening
Pages 2 - 4, revision required for week 2.
Share this page
Go to the rhymes of Aid to find other words with regular correspondence of the sounds!