Pronunciation of Amicably
On this page:
Hyphenation of Amicably
How is Amicably hyphenated?
- British usage: Am‐ic‐ably
- American usage: Ami‐ca‐bly
Tongue twisters with Amicably
How can I improve my pronunciation?
You can use tongue twisters (phrases that are difficult to articulate properly, especially fast) to help with pronunciation of certain words and sounds. Amicably appears in the following tongue twisters:
- She sat upon a balcony, inimicably mimicking him hiccuping and amicably welcoming him in.
- She stood on the balcony, inexplicably mimicking him hiccuping, and amicably welcoming him in.
(an actor's vocal warmup for lips and tongue)
- She stood on the steps of Burgess's Fish Sauce Shop, mimicking him hiccuping and amicably welcoming him in.
Examples of pronunciation in real context
Click on an item to listen a few seconds from that video:
Entertainment has amicably ended. We have had a positive working relationship with this...
I wish you the best on that, and hopefully you keep the lines of communication between you and your potential ex-spouse, and work it out amicably. I wish you good luck, it's...
...how to deal with ex-boyfriends, it all depends on you and your boyfriend and the way in which the relationship ended. Obviously if it ended amicably if you both felt good about the decision...
We have a small waka, so we'll have to work on living amicably together...
Other pronunciation resources
Click on an item to play that video:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Amicably for some fun with words!